What Should I Expect at Practice for the First Time?
When to arrive?
- Practice begins promptly at 5:00pm. Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes early to meet the coaches and your fellow teammates!
What equipment is needed?
- Appropriate swimsuits are preferred (one-piece for girls, jammers for boys). Please refrain from the following: trunks, two-piece suits, rash guards, or wetsuits. Popular brands include Speedo, TYR, Dolphin, and Sporti.
- Goggles that do not cover the nose
- Swim caps are encouraged, especially for swimmers with long hair. Free latex caps are available at the pool, silicone OSC caps are available for purchase $20.
- Fins are not required, but are HIGHLY recommended. They are inexpensive and guarantee that your swimmer will have a pair that fit.
- Equipment is available at Swim West, located in Encinitas, and SwimOutlet.com.
Can parents stay to watch?*
- Yes! Parents are welcome on deck. However, please do not sit on the North deck. Please also refrain from talking to the coaches or your swimmer during practice.
- Be ready to work hard, have fun, and practice great attitude!
*These policies were pre-covid. To read our current guidelines, please click here.