Grades: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
Daily Training: 5 days 90 minutes water, 15 minutes dry land
Practice Location: Vista Del Lago High School
Attendance: Strongly encouraged to attend 4 times per week
Entry to Senior Fit
- Some swimming experience on a team. Ability to swim all 4 competitive strokes. Ability to swim legal 200 individual medley, ability to swim 10 x 100 freestyle on interval
- This group is ideal for busy teens who cannot maintain the rigorous practice schedule required for competitive senior swimming or swimmers that have not achieved the time standards necessary for the Marlins Senior program. Swimmers may attend meets if desired, but meet attendance is not mandatory.
- Kicking for all strokes
- Drills for all strokes with emphasis on precision while increasing speed
- Distance per stroke will be emphasized for all strokes
- Competitive turns will be used with all sets in practice
- Swimming sets will be expanded while stroke integrity is maintained.
Gear for Senior Fit:
- Marlins cap
- Water Bottle
- Competition swim suit – endurance fabric encouraged for practices
- Athletic clothing/shoes for dry land
- Long floating fins
- Front swimmer’s snorkel
- Swim strap
- Catch paddle
- Breaststroke fins (at coach direction)
Quarterly promotion consideration
- Swimmers with attendance greater than 75% and Sierra Nevada Swimming Senior+ Time in 2 different events (50/100 Free count as same event) may be considered for promotion to Senior.