Our Sponsors and Partners
- 7th and 8th grade athletes.
- Swimming is a highly ranked extracurricular activity by the athlete.
- 13.5 hours per week
- 1.75 hour primary practice session (usually afternoons); 1.5 hour “morning” practice session available
- 4800-5800y during primary practice sessions while “mornings” are varied.
- Training regularly includes dryland sessions.
- Double practices days available (4 per month recommended.)
- Refine/master stroke drills and technique.
- Maintain proper technique under increased load.
- Major emphasis on kicking.
- Introduce/build pulling competence.
- Improve proficiency in underwater swimming.
- Improved speed and power to 15m.
- Increased build of aerobic base.
- Train all 4 strokes
- Discuss relationship between maturation and training, racing and physical development.
- Use knowledge of stroke count and pacing, demonstrating consistency in training.
- Knows times and paces for desired times.
- Refines and executes race strategies as discussed with coach.
- Understanding of drag, bodyline, and propulsion.
Character Development/Life Skills
- Embrace that ownership of the sport belongs to the swimmer.
- Takes responsibility for attendance, performance, and practice habits and understands how they relate.
- Time management skills developed and practiced and under.
- Evaluate/Set long term and short term goals.
- Learns to stand strong despite negative influence.
- Understand the traits of a positive leader and works toward demonstrating those traits.
- Discuss adaptability and improved time management skills.
- Builds and contributes to team unity and group identity.
- Recognize personal stressors.
- Utilizes relaxation to conquer nerves and sharpen focus.
- Knows techniques to control mind (positive self-talk and imagery.
- Rehearse visualization.
- Learn to direct focus/concentration in immediate race preparation.
- Learn to return concentration from uncontrolled to appropriate.
- Claims ownership of effort and performance in dryland.
- Body weight movements.
- Foot drill and jump rope skills.
- Use of med balls, dumbbells, and kettle bells.
- Supplemental flexibility protocols provided.
- Occasional Games.
- Participates in nearly all the meets on the team’s schedule.
- Prepare and compete at the highest level meet in which they have qualified.
- Competes in all IMX events.
- Pull buoy
- Tempo Trainer
- Jump rope