Our Sponsors and Partners
Age Group 3
Age Group 3
- 5th and 6th-grade athletes (4th and 7th graders by coaches recommendation).
- Swimmer participates regularly but my have other activities that affect participation.
- 9.5 hours per week
- 1.5 hour practice session (usually afternoons)
- 2800-3500y during primary practice sessions.
- Training occasionally includes dryland.
- Refine technical proficiency of strokes
- Major emphasis on kicking.
- Refine drill progression.
- Increase underwater kicking distance and speed.
- Learn to adjust strokes for effective turns and finishes.
- Learn to understand the relationship between stroke count and speed.
- Learn to work/achieve during challenge sets.
- Introduction to HR and energy systems in training.
Character Development/Life Skills
- Practice/demonstrate high level of sportsmanship toward teammates and competitors.
- Knows qualifying times for relevant meets.
- Introduce the relationship between goals (outcomes) and process.
- Discuss/Set long term and short term goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to attendance/participation.
- Understand and execute warm up and cool down procedures.
- Buys into group identity and team pride.
- Introduce race rehearsal as part of pre-race preparation.
- Learn to recognize and address nervousness.
- Introduce visualization.
- Understand negative impact of poor self-talk.
- Understands/accepts criticism from the coach as a critique of skills, not of the individual.
- Body weight movements.
- Foot drill and jump rope skills.
- Use of light med balls, dumbbells, and kettlebells.
- Supplemental flexibility protocols provided.
- Structured workout parameters.
- Participates in most meets on the team’s schedule
- Competes in 100’s of all strokes, 200 FR and IM, and 500 FR
- Introduction to travel.
- Pull buoy