Our Sponsors and Partners
Age Group 2
Age Group 2
- 3rd and 4th-grade athletes (2nd graders by coaches recommendation).
- Swimmer knows all 4 strokes.
- Swimmer participates regularly but may have other activities that affect participation.
- 5-6.2 hours per week
- 75 minute practice session (usually afternoons)
- 1500-3000y during primary practice sessions.
- Training regularly includes dryland sessions.
- Build foundation for all 4 stokes
- Develop kick
- Introduce drills.
- Introduce diving.
- Introduce concepts of body position.
- Learn to streamline.
- Develop coordinated movements both in the pool and in dryland
- Learn workout habits.
- Begin to use a pace clock.
Character Development/Life Skills
- Introduce team/group training environment.
- Swimmer is ready when practice begins and keeps track of equipment.
- Show respect to teammates, coaches and parents.
- Communication skills with coaches, parents and peers.
- Holds team pride.
- Interest in swimming though fun and games.
- Practice learning new skills (process/being ‘coachable’.)
- Develop sense self as well as a team identity.
- Develop balance and coordination skills.
- Improve body weight movements.
- Develop athleticism by kicking, throwing, tossing, hopping, jumping and skipping.
- Jump rope skill progression.
- Participates in meets
- Races in practice.
- Pull buoy