Our Sponsors and Partners
Age Group 1
Age Group 1
- Swimmer can swim 1 length freestyle and backstroke.
- Swimmer participates regularly but may have other activities that affect participation.
- 4-5 hours per week
- 45 minute practice session (usually afternoons)
- 1500-2500y during primary practice sessions.
- Training regularly includes dryland sessions.
- Set foundation for all 4 strokes
- Emphasize kicking.
- Learn drill Progression.
- Racing start from the blocks (individual and relay)
- Emphasis on streamline kicking and breakouts
- Develop appropriate movement patters in all 4 strokes.
- Begin aerobic development.
- Use a pace clock and count repeats and distance.
- Learn to count strokes.
- Successfully keep track of sets.
Character Development/Life Skills
- Develop good sportsmanship.
- Practice being a supportive teammate.
- Practice sound workout habits (leaving on time, swimming the set as prescribed, etc.)
- Enhanced communication between swimmer and coach.
- Learn basic meet procedure.
- Introduce racing strategy.
- Encourage development of time management skills.
- Holds team pride.
- Recognize the mind-body connection.
- Practice positive self talk.
- Learn about focus.
- Develop balance and coordination skills.
- Improve body weight movements.
- Develop athleticism by kicking, throwing, tossing, hopping, jumping and skipping.
- Jump rope skill progression.
- Introduce short focused efforts as part of dryland.
- Participates in meets
- Complete in IM Ready events.
- Possible introduction to travel.
- Pull buoy