USA Swimming (USAS) Registration
Swimmers joining Fall and Spring Piranhas will be registered by the team; check with the Team Registrar if you are not sure if you need to register or not.
All Summer Piranha swimmers must be registered with USA swimming. Use these step-by-step directions on registering and renewing swimmers for USA swimming.
Step 1 – Go to www.swim-smarter.com. If you have an account with Swim Smarter, please skip to Step 3.
Step 2 – Sign-up for an account with Swim Smarter. It is free. Swim Smarter will be used to register/renew USAS registration and manage all swim meets for most of the meets that our team will attend. Therefore, an account will be useful.
- Click “Sign-Up for a User ID”
- Fill in the information and click “Register.”
- You’ll receive an e-mail verification from Swim-Smarter, and will need to activate your account in order to log in to the website.
Step 3 – Go to www.swim-smarter.com. You’ll notice a box that says, “Sierra Nevada (SN) Area Swimmers and Parents.” Select the green tab in that box labeled “Register for USA Swimming Season.”
- Click “Register for USA Swimming Season ”Log in to your account using your UserID and password.
- If your swimmer swam for Paradise previously or currently, or another USAS team, search for your swimmer in the search box.
- If your swimmer is listed, select your swimmer using the + button on the right-side of the row displaying your swimmer’s name and information. Your swimmer will now appear in the “Registration List” on the right side of your screen.
- You may add more than one swimmer to your “Registration List"Once your swimmer(s) have been added to the “Registration List,” select “Pay for Swimmer(s).
- Select “Membership Type” as “Season 2 ($50.75)” and choose method of payment.
- If your swimmer is new to the team or has not swam for another USAS team, select the “+Create New Swimmer” box and add new swimmer Information on the next page completely. What you submit now will be how USA Swimming will recognize your swimmer for his/her swimming career. The Registration Category will be “Season 2,” and is $50.75.
Step 4 – You are finished with the USA Swimming registration. You will receive a confirmation email and the 14-character USA/USS ID number will be on the receipt.