SUMMERDART AND MINIDART INFORMATION 2021
Summerdart Registration is now open for Sessions 1 and 2 at this link. We offer Summerdarts, Teendarts and Minidarts. See below for class descriptions.
Priority Registration is open from May 3 through May 5. You may register for one or both sessions. Session 1 is June 14-July 9. Session 2 is July 12-Aug. 6.
- Summerdart registration is not first-come, first-serve. We use a priority enrollment system in making practice assignments. Swimmers register listing top 4-5 practices and are assigned to one of them using the following priority ranking:
- 1st Priority: Returning Summerdart and Minidart families
- 2nd Priority: Dart Swim School families
- 3rd Priority: New swimmers
- 4th Priority: Swimmers enrolling after May 5.
- Two sessions are offered: Session 1 June 14-July 9; Session 2 July 12-August 6). When registering you will be given the choice of registering for Session 1, Session 2 or both sessions.
- When listing your class choices, you will need to write in your choices using the yellow highlighted session names below. You will be asked to list up to 4 class choices. We will then assign you to a class using our priority system. The more class choices you list, the better your chance for being enrolled.
- You will be notified via email as to your class assignment as soon as we receive our summer pool options from the City of Davis. We do not bill you until you have been assigned to a class.
Summerdarts and Minidarts Practice Information – please note that all times are tentative and may change, as we have not received our pool options from the city yet. We will update these when we have final information. All practices are at Community Pool.
Summerdarts is a summer swim team for children ages six through teens. Swim practices emphasize the introduction and improvement of stroke skills, water fitness, water games, and introduction to competition in a fun atmosphere. 45 minute practices are offered three days per week with no mandatory attendance requirements. Practices are geared for swimmers of all ability levels, from novice to experienced. Summerdart swimmers must be age six by 6/1/21 and must meet minimum skills noted below.
Minidarts: Younger swimmers ages 4-7 can join our Minidarts program. 30-minute sessions are held at Community Pool twice weekly. Coaches work with children in small groups, teaching them swim skills and the four swim strokes, engage them in fun swim games, and introduce them to swim team and swim meets. Minidart swimmers must be age four by 9/1/21.
Teendarts: This practice is for swimmers ages 11-15. The focus is on fitness and fun as well as teaching and improving stroke technique. Swimmers should be able to swim 25 yards of freestyle and backstroke comfortably to join this group. Practices are offered three times weekly for 45 minutes with no mandatory practice requirements.
Summerdart swimmers must meet minimum swim skills. This is especially important this year, as due to COVID restrictions, all swimmers must be assigned to lanes with swimmers of similar skills. To assess skills, we will do Swim Evaluations of all swimmers new to program and to all returning swimmers ages 10 and under. These will be at Community Pool on Saturday, May 22 and other times TBA. At evaluations, swimmers must demonstrate the following skills to be eligible for Summerdarts:
PLEASE NOTE: We do not do evaluations of Minidarts. Swimmers currently swimming in Darts/Springdarts or Dart Swim School do not need to do evaluations, as we can assess their swim level at their spring sessions.
- Familiarity of freestyle (ability to swim 25 yards, with breathing, unaided)
- Familiarity of backstroke (ability to swim 25 yards, unaided)
- Bobs (rhythmic breathing)
- Kicking with a kickboard
- Comfort of swimming in all areas/depths of water
Swimmers age 7 and under who do not meet these levels will be assigned to Minidarts.
Minidarts do not need evaluations but must meet the following minimum skills to participate:
- Have done prior swim lessons.
- Comfortable in the water without assistance; gets in by self and submerges face willingly.
- Bobbing (rhythmically breathing with face in and out of the water while standing in water or holding on to side.
- Can take 2-3 consecutive breaths while kicking and stroking on front, and kicking with a kickboard.
- Can float on back for 5+ seconds without assistance.
Summerdarts $175 per session (includes Summerdart shirt and cap). If enrolling in second session also, fees will be $160 (no second cap or shirt).
Minidarts $160 per session (includes Summerdart shirt and cap). If enrolling in second session also, fees will be $145 (no second cap or shirt).
- You will not be billed until our class offerings are set. After fees are paid, no refunds will be made without a medical excuse or the coach’s permission. There is a non-refundable fee of $50.00 should a refund be granted. Enrollment is nontransferable and cannot be prorated based on vacations or partial attendance. Refunds not granted for swimmers not receiving desired swim practice time. Any Summerdart or Minidart not meeting necessary swim skills will receive a full refund.
- Families enrolling three or more Summer/Minidart swimmers from the same household qualify for a third swimmer discount (the first two swimmers pay full fees and all other siblings pay half fee). Third child discount is applied to the lowest registration fee.
- Scholarships and payment schedules are available upon request. Scholarship applications and information can be found at this link.
SWIM MEET DATES: if swim meets are allowed under covid restrictions, they will tentatively be on the following dates: June 26 and July 24. City Champs is scheduled for August 5-6-7.
Carolee Gregg 758-DART [email protected]
MINIDART HEAD COACH
Jamie Owen Kiarie
SUMMERDART HEAD COACH