Did You Know?
- The Boise Y Swim Team is the oldest team in the State under the same name. We have a proud history of over 60 years.
- The Boise Y Swim Team is the largest team in Idaho.
- The Boise Y Swim Team has reached Level 4 status in USA Swimming’s Club Recognition Program.
- The Boise Y Swim Team is a Bronze Medal Club.
- The Boise Y Swim Team participates in both USA Swimming and YMCA Swimming meets. In 2018, the Boise Y Team finished 2nd at the Y National Swimming Championships in Greensboro, NC.
- We serve swimmers of all abilities and have turned out Y National Champions, Special Olympians, Para Swimmers at the international level, a World Deaf Championship participant, and a Master’s Division world record holder.
- The grade point average of our graduating seniors consistently exceeds a 3.5 GPA.
- Boise Y Swimmers participate in meets held locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Boise Y Swimmers have participated in all levels of competition, including YMCA Nationals, USA Swimming Juniors and Seniors, and Olympic Trials.
- Over 200 Boise Y Swimmers have gone on to swim in college at the Division I, II, III, and NAIA levels. Our swimmers have swum in virtually every major conference in the country including the Ivy League, the Pac Twelve, Big Ten, Southeast, and Big 12 conferences. Many of our athletes have earned swimming scholarships and many have received academic scholarships.
- Former Boise Y Swimmers have attended and swam at Stanford, Northwestern, Cornell, Southern Cal, Florida State, Washington, Idaho, BSU, College of Idaho, Wisconsin, Iowa, the Naval Academy, the Air Force Academy, U. of Chicago, Duke, UCLA, Texas, Rice, Utah, Puget Sound, Whitworth, Davidson, Oakland, Tennessee, Cal-Berkeley, Pepperdine, Drury, U of Denver, and the list goes on.
- Idaho High School Swimming came about as a result of the advocacy of the Boise Y Swim Team. Both BSU and College of Idaho swimming programs are results of encouragement and involvement by the Boise Y Swim Team.
- Our parents are an involved and engaged group. During 2018, our parents volunteered over 7200 hours to the team, to the YMCA, and to Snake River Swimming. Many parents work as officials at our meets even though their swimmers are no longer swimming for our team. Our parents have officiated at numerous national and international meets, including Olympic Trials.
- Two former Boise Y Swim team parents have been involved with the national governing bodies of swimming, USA Swimming and the National YMCA. One of our parents served as President of USA Swimming. Our former Treasure Valley Executive Director served as Chair of the National YMCA of the USA Swimming and Diving Committee.
- Boise Y Swim Team swimmers, parents, and coaches are active within the Treasure Valley YMCA system and through team fundraising have contributed over $125,000 to the Y during the past 15 years.