2018 Northwest Region YMCA Swimming Championships
March 2-4, 2018
West YMCA/Boise City Aquatic Center
The Boise Y Swim Team is looking forward to hosting the 2018 Northwest Region YMCA Swimming Championships at the West YMCA/Boise City Aquatic Center. We hope to see all Northwest teams in attendance this year. The following is information for Visiting Teams. Boise Y swimmers should go directly to the meet sign-up page posted under Events for their information and entry deadline.
This meet is a 2-1/2 day meet which begins with warm-ups on Friday afternoon, March 1 at 4:00 pm. The meet will begin at 5:00. The meet will be split on Saturday with 12 & U swimmers swimming in the morning. Warm-ups for the morning session will be held on Saturday at 7:30 am with the meet starting at 9:15 am. The afternoon 13 & Over session will begin one hour after the end of the morning session with warm-ups starting immediately following the end of the am session. Sunday, all swimmers will swim together in one session. Warm-ups will begin at 7:30 and the meet will begin at 9:00 am.
- All coaches and teams must be registered and have paid the yearly YMCA Registration fees in order to compete at this meet.
- Teams must have a current Certificate of Insurance in effect through the last day of the meet.
- Coaches must complete the on-line coach registration process.
- All head and assistant coaches are required to have current CPR Pro, First Aid, Coaches Safety or Lifeguard, and YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming.
- As required by the YMCA of the USA Program Director and the National Swimming and Diving Advisory Committee, in order to officiate at the Y Regional meet, any official who is not a USA Swimming official must have completed the on-line and classroom sessions of either the YMCA Level I & II officials certification class.
- The Invitation to Officiate is posted HERE. It must be returned by February 15 in order for an official to receive a free polo shirt. The form must be returned no later than February 22 if an official wants to be considered for an assigned position.
- All swimmers must be a YMCA member in good standing and represented only his/her YMCA in competition for a period of 90 days prior to March 2, 2018.
- Please read the Meet Invitation for specific details on all of the above.
- Swimmers may only enter a total of 4 individual events per day, plus one time trial.
- Swimmers 11 & Under may enter a total of 7 individual events for the meet, plus 2 relays. Swimmers 12 & Over may enter a total of 7 individual events for the meet, plus 4 relays.
- Swimmers must have obtained qualifying times since March 3, 2017.
- Swimmers should enter with their best SCY time. SCM and LCM times are allowed but will be seeded after all SCY times. Converted times are not allowed.
- Swimmers with less than 6 qualified individual events can swim 1 bonus (non-qualified) event during the meet. This bonus event must have an entry time. Events 400 yards or longer cannot be bonus events. 11-12 year old swimmers may not enter an 11-14 event as their bonus event.
- Please read the Meet Invitation for info on seeding and distance event.
Submitting Entries & Fees:
- USA Swimming numbers for USA Swimming registered athletes need to be submitted with your entries in order for times to be sent to the SWIMS database.
- Don't forget to include the YMCA Sanctioned Meet Declaration Form with your entry fees.
- Fees are $3.50 per event; $14 per relay; and $20 per swimmer surcharge. Teams should send one check made payable to the Boise Y Swim Team by the entry deadline.
- Entries are due for Visiting Teams no later than Tuesday, February 20th!
Please read the full meet invitation posted below for information on time trials, awards, scoring, officials shirts, apparel, lodging rates, etc.
TM Entry File