ASC Volunteer Policy:
Austin Swim Club is a family, and our Volunteer Program allows our parents and swimmer support staff to demonstrate their commitment to Austin Swim Club through service. The intent of this program is not to raise money but rather to emphasize the importance of team members sharing volunteer effort equally among them to ensure the quality of opportunities Austin Swim Club provides.
• Each family will be required to serve a minimum of 12 service hours (1 hour per month) from September, 2017 – August, 2018 at Austin Swim Club run events.
• At the end of July, unfulfilled service hours will be billed at a rate of $10 per hour.
• Any no-show to a volunteer commitment will be billed at a rate of $10 per hour.
• Service hours will not be prorated for swimmers who deactivate or take breaks in the swim season, and any unfulfilled hours will be billed the financial difference at a rate of $10 per hour.
• Community service credit will be available for any volunteer needing community service hours, and hours will be documented on an official Austin Swim Club Service Hour Form.
To sign up, simply go to www.austinswimclub.org and you will see a JOB SIGN UP link listed next to any event on our website (ex. swim meet, community project, team function, etc.) Hours will be tracked through our Team Unify system, however, it is REQUIRED you SIGN IN and OUT for your shift at each event. The sign in sheets are used as verification of hours worked.