Parent and Swimmer Expectations
You are a team member too!
Please contact the board at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering in the following areas.
- Party planning
- Website design/update
- Swim Meet coordination
- Equipment management
- Team Photo Day
- New Member Orientation
- Timer for home and away meets
- Parents and friends of swimmers must stay off of the pool deck and must not interrupt the coaches while practices or swim meets are in session. Interrupting the coaches during practice interferes with their task of observing, instructing, and supervising swimmers.
- Coaching your own child or other swimmers is not allowed.
- Encouraging your own child and other swimmers is expected.
- No toddlers, baby carriages, or non swimmers are allowed on the pool deck at any time.
- Fort Hood Dolphins maintains a coaching staff that will control the flow of information to your swimmer as needed in your child’s development.
- Please check the FHD bulletin board and website for current events/meets.
- Parents and spectators are expected to behave in a manner that enhances Fort Hood Dolphin’s reputation as well as the reputation of the South Texas LSC. This includes all policies and regulations of Abrams Gym.
- Parents are expected to encourage and be supportive of the swimmers and coaching staff at all times.
- Parents are expected to volunteer at away meets when needed.
- Practice start times and meet warm up times are the times to be entering the water not entering the grounds.
- Please help your child attend practice regularly and to be on time. Coaches will consider practice attendance when making the line-up for meets and progression to more challenging groups.
- Late swimmers may be scratched from the swim meet and will not be re-entered.
- The yearly club registration fee and United States Swimming (USS) registration fee are not refundable and must be paid prior to the swimmer entering the water.
- MONTHLY DUES ARE TO BE PAID BY THE FIRST (1ST) DAY OF THE MONTH. NONPAYMENT OF MONTHLY DUES PAST THE 5th OF THE MONTH WILL NECESSITATE NON-PARTICIPATION FOR THE SWIMMER(S) UNTIL PAYMENT IS MADE.
- Meet entry fees are in addition to the monthly dues. Nonpayment of entry fees will also necessitate non-participation for the swimmer(s) until payment is made.
- Should a swimmer decide to discontinue participation in the program with the Fort Hood Area Dolphins, the monthly dues for the month of which he/she swims any portion thereof and any outstanding entry fees are considered an obligation to the FHD, and are payable upon termination of participation.
Have Fun, Try Your Best, Follow Instructions, Be a Great Sport and Teammate!
√ Daily Practice- Arrive before posted practice time and be ready to start on time.
√ Swimmers must not enter the pool until their coach gives them permission to do so.
√ Follow lane traffic rules as directed by the coach.
√ Show respect for all other coaches and pool staff as well as other swimmers.
√ Swimmers must obey the rules of the pool facilities. These include no running on the pool deck and no diving in the shallow end of the pool.
√ No horseplay or roughhousing is allowed in the pool, on the pool deck or in the locker rooms.
√ Swimmers should treat their teammates and the pool facility with respect. Failure to do so could result in a swimmer being barred from practice and/or a team event.
√ Swimmers should follow the directions of their coach and/or designated Meet Marshals or officials at swim meets. Swimmers must enter the pool for warm-up FEET FIRST.
√ If you see someone doing something unsafe or an unsafe situation, please notify a coach immediately.
√ Swimmers should not use inappropriate language to another swimmer or coach.
√ Swimmers should not harass, tease or bully another swimmer or teammate.
√ Proper behavior in the locker room is expected of all swimmers at all times. Proper behavior includes limiting showers to 5 minutes, respecting other swimmers belongings, not using inappropriate language and not participating in horseplay or roughhousing.