Age Group Swimming
Competitive age group swimmers are categorized into one of four groups based on ability, experience, and maturity.
1) The Bronze Squad is designed for the beginning competitive swimmer who can swim the length of the pool on their stomach and back. Most of the children in our Bronze program are first or second season swimmers. Bronze team members practice with an emphasis on learning the fundamentals of competitive swimming in a team environment. The goal of this group is to prepare the young swimmer for his/her first few competitions with children of the same age and ability level. Minimum practice requirements are two times per week during the school year and three times per week in the summer unless the coach has been informed of special conflicts in your schedule.
2) The Silver Squad is comprised of swimmers who:
* Are ready for regularly scheduled USAS competitions.
* Can do a racing dive from the start platforms.
* Can swim the four Olympic strokes legally at a USAS sanctioned meet.
* Have the maturity and endurance necessary to participate in a minimum of three practices per week.
3) The Gold Squad is comprised of swimmers who:
* Have competed in a 200 or 400 I.M. (depending on age), in legal technique, or have competed in all four strokes (legally) in one meet.
* Have demonstrated the mastery of all strokes at USAS competition and complete endurance type training of up to 3100 yards in a one & one half hour practice segment.
* Have the necessary skill and endurance to participate in highly organized training sessions designed for competition. Practice requirements are a minimum of four times per week.
4) The Platinum Squad is comprised of swimmers who have qualified for STAGS, Senior Champs, TAGS, Zones and beyond.