2018 Fall Registration: Frequently Asked Questions
Registration will open in early August for our fall teams at all four LCA locations. Practice schedules, group descriptions, costs, and other information about our fall season will be posted in June.
- LCA Lost Creek -- practices at Lost Creek Country Club in Westlake (you do not need to be a member at Lost Creek Country Club)
- LCA Lakeway -- practices at the Lakeway Swim Center
- LCA Steiner Ranch -- practices at the Bella Mar pool (registration is now open to members and nonmembers of the Steiner Ranch HOA)
- LCA Cedar Park -- practices at the Milburn pool
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- All registrations will be "pending" in our system until after August 20 but there is no need for concern. Your registration is accepted when you submit it.
- If you are getting an error message when you try to register that your account is inactive, please enter the site through the registration link for your location, scroll down and click the "Continue or Check Status" button, and THEN log in using your username and password. (In other words, don't click the "Sign In" link on the left side of the home page of our website first and try to log in; your account is inactive if you have no active swimmer with us now so you won't be billed.)
- Swimmers do not need to attend all practices, except in the National groups.
- All of our pools are outdoor and heated during the winter months.
- On our practice calendars, "SW" indicates swimming and "DL" indicates dryland (strength and conditioning workouts).
- At our Cedar Park location, afternoon practices will be at the Milburn pool; morning practices will be at the Twin Creeks pool.
- Participating in swim meets is strongly encouraged, but optional. Our tentative meet schedule for the fall is will be posted here as meets are sanctioned by USA Swimming.
- For groups with part-time options, you may not switch days (if your group is MWF, you can only come on those days and may not switch to other days).
- Membership on our team is month-to-month; you do not have to enroll for any predetermined time period.
- All practices start on August 20, 2018. Dues for August are prorated to 11 days. You will be billed for monthly dues going forward on the first of the month.
- You do not need to be a member of a pool, HOA, or country club to swim on our team at any of our locations. Nonmembers of the Steiner Ranch HOA will pay a $40 HOA facility fee when they join the team in Steiner Ranch.
- All swimmers pay the annual team fee and USA Swimming registration fee at registration. If you had a seasonal USA Swimming registration fee, it expires August 31, 2018 and must be renewed. The renewal will be valid September 1, 2018 to December 31, 2019.
- Registrations will be accepted until groups are filled. We recommend registering early to reserve your spot and also so you receive team communications before practice starts. However, we will accept registrations at any time, space providing.
If your swimmer is NEW to our team and needs to do an evaluation for group placement, we will have evaluations on [date TBD] at the Lakeway Swim Center (3103 Lakeway Blvd) for swimmers wanting to join the team at the Lakeway or Steiner Ranch locations. For swimmers wanting to join our Cedar Park location, evaluations will be held on [date TBD] at the Milburn pool (1901 Sun Chase Blvd). You don't need an appointment--just stop by for quick tryout with the coach. Evaluations for our Lost Creek CC location will be on [date TBD]. Please wait to register until AFTER your evaluation.
Practices for all locations start on August 20. 2018.