Para Swimming LSC Time Standards
Para Swimming Zones Time Standards
Para Swimming Sectionals Time Standards
USAS Approved Motivational Time Standards History and Rational
- Para swimmers have had no standards in which to attach personal goals until they’ve been classified and reached the Can-Am standard. From there it’s quite a leap to Emerging Team status with US Paralympics.
- Para swimmers have been graciously accepted in many meets, but with little consistency.
- Unfortunately, they have also been denied access to several meets due to no available standards.
- More recently, standards for para-swimmers have been despairingly applied across meets of similar ability in comparison to those for traditional swimmers.
- These standards represent 3 years of research and development by several members of the disability committee in collaboration with other professionals and volunteers with vested interest in the sport of para-swimming.
- Today marks a historical date in the advancement of para-swimming nationwide!
USAS Para Swimming Presentation power point