Sanctioned/Approved/Observed Meet Definitions
Mail all forms and payment (if applicable) to KY Swimming
PO Box 630
Versailles, KY 40383
Kentucky Swimming Sanctioned Meets
Sanction Application (.pdf)
Sanction Application (.doc)
Meet Results and Payment Form
Meet Announcement Template (WORD)
Meet Announcement Template (WORD table form)
With the exception of championship and open water meets, the program in all other age group competition shall be planned to allow the events for swimmers twelve (12) years and younger to be completed in four (4) hours or less for a timed finals session or in a total of eight (8) hours or less per day for a preliminaries and finals meet.
Season-Culminating Championship Meet Observation Request Form (PDF) (WORD)
Non-Season Culminating Meet Observation Request Form (PDF) (WORD)
Observed Swim Violations Form (PDF)
A $150 application fee must be submitted with request. Fee is waived for Region and State High School championship meets.
A request must be made to the KYLSC office at least ten days prior to the meet. The following requirements must be met for a meet to be approved.
- High School Championship Meets - Regions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, & 9 & State KHSAA Champ Meets will be approved
- *Region 8 must seek approval from OH Swimming
- Any city/county season-culminating championship meet
- Any invitational meet with 4 or more schools/teams or a minimum of 200 athletes entered
- The meet shall be on the published calendar of the appropriate, school, league, conference, etc. and KHSAA website
- Meet Referee must be dually certified (USAS certification does not need to be as meet ref)
- Dual Meets will not be approved
- Pools must meet USA Swimming requirements
Approval Request (PDF) (WORD) & USAS Approval Request (PDF) (WORD)
Must be on all meet documents:
In granting this approval it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free and held harmless from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
A $150 application fee must be submitted with request forms.