Sanctioned/Approved/Observed Meet Definitions
Mail all forms and payment (if applicable) to KY Swimming
PO Box 630
Versailles, KY 40383
Observed Meet (high school)
Season-Culminating Championship Meet Observation Request Form (PDF) (WORD)
Non-Season Culminating Meet Observation Request Form (PDF) (WORD)
Observed Swim Violations Form (PDF)
A $250 application fee must be submitted with request. Fee is waived for Region and State High School championship meets.
A request must be made to the KYLSC office at least ten days prior to the meet. The following requirements must be met for a meet to be approved.
- High School Championship Meets - Regions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, & 9 & State KHSAA Champ Meets will be approved
- *Region 8 must seek approval from OH Swimming
- Any city/county season-culminating championship meet
- Any invitational meet with 4 or more schools/teams or a minimum of 200 athletes entered
- The meet shall be on the published calendar of the appropriate, school, league, conference, etc. and KHSAA website
- Meet Referee must be dually certified (USAS certification does not need to be as meet ref)
- Dual Meets will not be approved
- Pools must meet USA Swimming requirements
Approved Meet (YMCA)
Approval Request (PDF) (WORD)
Must be on all meet documents:
In granting this approval it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free and held harmless from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
A $250 application fee must be submitted with request forms.