FREE Abuse Awareness for Parents
While the overwhelming majority of coaches and volunteers join sports for all the right reasons, some have other intentions. Parents play an important part in USA Swimming’s Safe Sport efforts.
We encourage our parents to complete this free abuse prevention trainings.
How to access the training:
1. Go to usaswimming.org/protect
2. Click "Training and Education"
3. Click "Free Athlete Protection Training for Parents"
4. Enter your LSC and club code (LSC is KY)
Abuse Awareness for Parents
Designed by Praesidium, USA Swimming’s athlete protection training partner, this free, interactive course helps parents understand their role in abuse prevention and helps their children have a lifetime of wonderful swimming memories.
Training topics include:
• Myths and facts about child sexual abuse
• How offenders operate
• How to recognize boundary violations
• USA Swimming Code of Conduct and
Athlete Protection Polices
• How to respond to boundary violations
GET STARTED TODAY!
Free Training for Parents
The USA Swimming Safe Sport Program is proud to offer free athlete protection training to the parents of our member athletes. Parents are a critical component to our overall goal to protecting children from inappropriate behavior. The comprehensive online programming includes information about how offenders operate; how to recognize and respond to boundary violations, myths and facts about child sexual abuse and USA Swimming’s Athlete Protection Policies and Procedures.