COACH MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Click here for PRINTABLE Coaches Requirement Checklist
Membership Application - mail with payment to PO Box 630 - Versailles, KY - 40383
USA Swimming Rules: “Anyone who coaches athletes at a USA Swimming practice or competition must be a coach member of USA Swimming and must have satisfactorily completed safety training, criminal background check and other coaches’ education as required by USA Swimming.”
Requirements must be kept current at all times. There is no grace period; coach membership is not valid if any of the requirements lapse or expire. A coach does not have USA Swimming insurance coverage if his/her membership is not valid. To help coaches manage their membership requirements, the date that each requirement expires is printed on their USA Swimming coach membership card, as well as being available on the Deck Pass app and through the Club Portal. Additional information and links for each requirement can be found at www.usaswimming.org/coachmember.
Steps to become a coach member:
- Initiate your criminal background check (www.usaswimming.org/backgroundcheck).
- Complete a CPR/AED course from the list on the coaches requirement checklist (courses not on the COACHES REQUIREMENT list will not be accepted).
- Complete American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches online course.
Complete and sign a current USA Swimming membership application.
Membership Application questions - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send the completed form, payment, and your CPR/AED & STSC certifications to KY SWIMMING (amount due and address will be printed on the form)
- New members only: Receive email confirmation that your application has been received and entered into the database; then complete Steps 7 & 8.
- New members only: Complete Foundations of Coaching 101
- Complete the online Athlete Protection Training course (www.usaswimming.org/protect).
USAS NEW COACH REQUIREMENT FAQ
Memberships are processed by the KY Swimming office email@example.com.
QUESTIONS - CALL 859 539-9091