Southeastern Swimming Officials
Want to get started as an official and help USA Swimming run consistent, high-quality
and technically-correct competitions? There are a few simple steps to becoming
an official in the Southeastern Swimming. Please click on this link to learn more.
USA SWIMMING’S NEW BACKGROUND CHECK PROGRAM
IS REQUIRED FOR ALL NON ATHLETES
USA Swimming Web Page
Safe Sport - Athlete Protection
Concussion Training Laws - click here for an updated list of concussion training requirements by state.
Submit your proof of training to your LSC Registratoin Chairperson to show on your deck pass.
Need to take a concussion training course? Here are the links to popular courses - CDC Course, NFHS Course.
Concussion Protocol Training
This requirement is new for all coaches and officials in 2020. Though several states have previously passed concussion education requirements, USA Swimming will now require all coaches and officials complete Concussion Protocol Training by January 1, 2020.
- Courses from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), as well as individual states’ required courses will satisfy the USA Swimming requirement. (For example, if a coach lives/coaches in a state with a concussion education requirement, he/she must only complete this requirement and will not need to complete an additional course). Many high school coaches will have already completed the NFHS training.
- For USA Swimming membership, coaches and officials must successfully complete concussion and head injury education at least once. Individual states may require annual or continuing education and coaches/officials must abide by the requirements of their home state or states in which they coach or officiate.
- This requirement is necessary to avoid personal liability for concussion/head strike incidents, ensuring our insurers will continue to provide liability insurance protection to USA Swimming, coaches, officials and clubs.
- Please direct questions about Concussion Protocol Training to George Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- send completed course certificate to your club or to SES Office.
DECK PASS can be used as proof of membership at any
USA Swimming Meet in SES.
Officials will no longer receive membership cards from SES -
proof of membership will be done through Deck Pass and OTS.
Officials may check their individual web pages for updates and clubs can check
their club portals for membership status.
Prelims/Timed Finals - White Shirts, White Shoes, and Khaki Pants/ Shorts.
Finals - Blue Shirts, White Shoes, and Khaki Pants/ Shorts
Official Committee members will hold clinics at any swim local swim meet they
attend at the request of the host meet director.
Clubs may make a request a home club clinic for their club at any time from their
local Officials Committee Representative. Contact your local official representative
for a mutual time/date – contact information is listed on the web page under
contacts – officials.
Here is the administrative official clinic in a power point format. Click here
Official's Clinics at Championship Meets
The Southeastern Swimming Officials Committee will assign officials. Referee,
Starter and Stroke Clinics will be given before the preliminary sessions as follows:
1) Starter Clinic: Friday at 7:30 AM.
2) Stoke & Turn Clinic: Saturday at 7:30 AM.
3) Referee Clinic: Sunday at 7:30 AM.
Officials Forms and Tests
Non-Athlete Registration forms can be found under the documents tab