South Texas Swimming Policies & Procedures
Click here for the STSI Investment Policy Manual. Last update: 10/2019
Click here for the STSI Policies & Procedures Manual. Last update: 11/17/2021
- Job description for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion position added to Board of Directors section.
- Elimination of an outdated policy regarding splash fees.
- Renaming the "USAS Convention" to the "USA Swimming Annual Business Meeting."
- Updates to the ST Champs meets per Championship Meet Committee.
- Correction of a typographical error related to national athlete reimbursement.
- Updates related to the 2021 HOD legislation.
- The fee for allowing an unregistered or ineligible athlete to compete in a sanctioned or approved meet has increased to $100 per swim.
- Effective 9/1/21, there are no transfer fees for out-of-LSC transfers for any membership type.
- Results for ineligible swimmers allowed to compete in Sanctioned or Approved meets cannot be loaded to SWIMS after the issue causing the ineligibility is resolved (Section VI).
- Financial reimbursement will be based on a flat rate equal to the published federal GSA per diem for athletes attending national levels meets (Section X.B.f).
- Financial reimbursement will be based on half of the flat rate GSA per diem for athletes attending national level meets held in Texas (Section X.B.g).
- Update to correct a typographical related to coach reimbursements for national meets (Section X).
- Update to the fine imposed on a meet host when a previously cleared Flex athlete becomes ineligible prior to the meet start date.
- Major revision in conjunction with the new STSI Bylaws.
- Outreach athletes eligible for reimbursement for up to five events, twice a year, at championship meets.
- Long course financial assistance filing deadline is now September 15.
- Changes made in accordance with the 2016 House of Delegates meeting.
- Eliminated the renewing club fee from December 2 to 31.
- Updated fee schedule.
- Updates to STAGS and Junior STAGS meet formats.
- Added requirement for a meet financial summary for sanctioned meets.
- Eliminated the requirement for an athlete to compete in a South Texas Swimming sanctioned or approved meet prior to seeking national meet financial assistance.
- Removed Zones and Open Water Zones from the two meets per calendar year financial assistance support.
- Changed the meet reimbursement for national meets held in Texas to up to $125 per day.
- Changed the number of events reimbursed for outreach athletes to six per quarter.
- Reimbursement requests for USAS Convention, camps, Zones, and other applicable meets are now due within 60 days of the last day of travel.
- Eliminated the SWIMS upload fee.
- Updated time standards for USAS 2017-2020.
- Eliminated the out-of-LSC transfer fee when the transfer athlete is renewing his or her USA Swimming membership.
- Updated USA Swimming registration fee amounts for 2017 (page 4).
- Removed Family Membership option (no longer offered) (page 4).
- Send final meet information and entry file to Sanctions Chair for posting (page 9).
- Clarification that invitational meets are not closed meets (page 8).
- Added USA Swimming Deck Pass app as an acceptable proof of USA Swimming membership for athletes, coaches, and officials (changes throughout).
- USA Swimming membership cards are no longer mailed to members and can be printed from the Deck Pass app (if desired) (changes throughout).
- Clarification about eligible travel expenses allowed under the financial assistance program for athletes, coaches, and officials (page 23).
- Expenses that require receipts (page 24).
- Clarification to sanction fee structure based on when received by Sanction Chair (page 3).
- Addition of fine for no-show at a championship meet (page 5).
- Clarification of bid meet conflict days (page 8).
- Added the 2016 flat rate per athlete ($350) for the Open Water Festival (page 22).
- Addition of registration documents to Document Retention Policy (page 50).
- Corrections to TOC page numbering.
- Changes made in accordance with the 2015 House of Delegates meeting.
- Payment due dates clarified as the due date or the next business day if the due date falls on a weekend or banking holiday (page 5) per BoD 11/10/15.
- Financial assistance set to $125 per day for eligible meets held within the LSC (page 23) per BoD 12/8/15.
- Process update for sending meet results to Regional SWIMS User, and meet referee's report to RSU and Officials Chair.
- Updated STSI mailing address.
- Updated annual fee information for 2016 USA Swimming memberships (page 5).
- Added late fee information for failure to pay monthly statement account balances (page 6).
- Added electronic processing procedures for insufficient funds and waivers (page 7).
- Updates throughout changing payment by check to payment by electronic invoicing for clubs.
- Global updates regarding sending meet recons and meet results to the Regional SWIMS User instead of to the Executive Secretary.
- Updated Appendix L (Team Registration and Management) for processing registrations and payments electronically.
- The locations for the House of Delegates meetings for the next four years have been updated: Austin (2015), South Padre Island (2016), San Antonio (2017), and Corpus Christi (2018).
- Clarification about coach travel reimbursements: Relay-only swimmers are not included in the total athlete count when determining the number of coaches eligible for financial assistance (page 37)
- Correction to the methodology used to compute per-diem reimbursements for meet travel (pages 35, 39, 42)
- Update to the methodology used to compute coach reimbursements for meet travel, based on the number of athletes from the coach's team in attendance (page 38)
- Clarification that meets occurring in conflict with a South Texas Swimming bid meet must have different time standards and must be sanctioned as a proof-of-time meet (page 7)