- Be respectful of your teammates, coaches, other members.
- Be on time and ready go at the scheduled start time, come early to stretch.
- Bring a water bottle to all practices and meets, NO Glass.
- Be responsible for your own gear, put it away properly.
- Please arrive to dry land practice wearing shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers.
- Remember to bring your swimsuit, towel(s), goggles and caps for the swimming portion.
- Swimmers are strongy encouraged to attend at least 2 practices a week, but are encouraged to attend as many as possible. Practices are designed to give the swimmers the best opportunity to work with coaches on improving their skills, strength and stamina.
- Dryland training is highly recommended if possible for swimmers to attend. Dryland teaches proper stretching techniques and strength to help prevent injuries.
We encourage our parents to watch practice. Your swimmer (especially younger ones) often enjoys knowing that you are there. As well as making you aware of what a typical practice may look like, we’ve outlined some guidelines to watching practice so that we reduce distraction and that every swimmer continues to maximize his/her potential each and every practice.
- Parents of children 12 and under - You MUST remain at or in the pool area at all times.
- Watching Practice - During practices we request parents / guardians sit and observe practice from the balcony.
- Swimmer Communication - Young swimmers want their parents’ approval more than anything. To reduce distraction and maximize every learning opportunity we need the swimmer’s undivided attention. We ask that you do not communicate with your swimmer during practice and do not compete with the coach for the swimmers attention.
- Coach Communication - Please do not talk with the coaches during a practice. Coaches are available before or after practice to answer questions (time permitting and when not coaching another group). We also welcome email and are more than happy to talk schedule one on one time away from a general practice.
- Parent Coaching - PLEASE DO NOT COACH YOUR SWIMMER during practice. We cannot emphasize this enough. Our coaches have been trained and taught how to maximize every swimmers’ potential. Often a coach will ask a swimmer to do a drill that looks unorthodox to the naked eye; however, we can assure you that everything we do both on and off the pool deck has a purpose.
- Parent encouragement - We do understand that as a parent, you want to "whoop it up" for your swimmer. We highly encourage you to do that during a swim meet. During practice, not so much. If a swimmer looks your way during practice, an encouraging golf clap, or a thumbs up works great. We don't want you to ignore them, but we don't want you to be a distraction either. Thanks for understanding.
- Pool Deck - Children are allowed in the swim team portion of the pool only at their designated practice time. If not practicing, we request they stay off the pool deck and wait in the balcony or lobby area to be courteous to those in training.
- Time Conflicts - If you need to switch times for a single session or longer period of time, please talk to the Head Coach.
- If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to talk with the coaches. After practice or through e-mail is always best. We are open to any suggestions!