The primary purpose of the Hilltop Aquatics Swim Team is to provide the necessary skills and positive environment that will enable and encourage each of its athletes to attain their highest potential in competitive swimming. The emphasis of the HAST program is based on desire, discipline, determination, integrity, and confidence. In striving to better prepare our athletes to successfully encounter not only the challenges of the sport, the team will develop important life skills and build strong personal character.
To develop the character traits, technical skills and intense desire necessary for maximum realization of each individual’s potential. We place a high degree of emphasis on the VALUES of HAST. HAST is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and positive environment for athletes. The VISION and MISSION statements reflect and chart our course.
- To strengthen team and individual character.
- To create an atmosphere of team spirit, team unity, and support, and to contribute to the development of a positive attitude.
- To go beyond the limits of competitive mental barriers in a fun and challenging environment.
- To develop team “mental toughness” (determination, confidence, pride, and integrity).
- To obtain our maximum potential in competitive swimming while developing life skills and strong personal character.
- To pursue excellence through hard work and personal dedication.