School Year Workouts
*All Training Sessions will take place at the Murray Park Center
M, W, F 4:00-5:00p.m. or 5:00-6:00 p.m., T, TH 4:30-5:30 p.m.
M-F 4:30-6:00 p.m., Sat. 7-9 a.m.
M, W, F 4:00-6:00 p.m., T, TH 4:30-6:00 p.m., Sat. 7-9 a.m.
M-F Choice of 7-8 a.m. or 8-9 a.m. - Murray Park Center
M-F 7-8:30 a.m., Sat. 7-9 a.m. - Murray Park Center
Mon.-Sat. 7-9 a.m. - Murray Park Center
Mon. & Fri. 5:45-7:45 p.m. - Long Course Workout at Kearns Fitness
Tues. & Thurs. 4:30-6:00 p.m. - Evening Workout at Murray Park Center
Practice attendance will play a vital role in each swimmer’s success as they progress through the sport. The MAC coaching staff provides the following guidelines (by group) for our athletes and parents to consider as they plan for a successful swimming experience this season.
The primary focus of the Bronze group is skill development. The season plan will cover all technical aspects of the four competitive strokes and the starts and turns that are utilized in competition. At this level of development, we encourage the swimmers to attend at least three practice sessions per week, with a maximum of 5.
The Silver group begins to focus on the aerobic development of the swimmer. Practices are offered five times a week at 90 minutes per session. Dryland training is included with the focus primarily on the development of core body strength utilizing body weight exercises that can be accomplished on the pool deck (no weight training). Swimmers are expected to attend a minimum of 4 out of six practices.
The Gold group is focused on maximizing the athlete’s potential in the water. 100% attendance should be the goal for each swimmer in this group. Training plans at this level include a number of components and getting the appropriate mix of training intensity, duration, volume, specificity, and recovery requires the athlete to be in attendance for each session. It is also very important that the athlete is in full support of making the decision to commit at this level. Practices are scheduled six days per week with a duration of 90 to 120 minutes.
PRACTICE OBSERVATION BY PARENTS
Parents are welcome to observe MAC practice sessions from the bleachers. Please read through the following guidelines so that you are assisting the MAC coaching staff in providing the ideal training environment for our athletes.
1. The MAC practice environment is much like a classroom environment at your child’s school. Please consider that as you observe the session and respect the teaching/training environment the staff is committed to fostering.
2. Parents should not attempt to communicate with their child during a practice session. The MAC coaching staff will handle all necessary disciplinary action and involve the parents if they deem necessary. If an emergency arises, please approach the coach first and request the removal of your swimmer from the practice session.
3. Please do not approach the coaching staff with general questions or concerns during a practice session. The coach’s attention to the lesson/practice plan for the day and the safety and instruction of the entire group should be their focus. A coach will make every reasonable effort to answer your questions outside of practice time. You may direct any question to the Head Coach via email at email@example.com
4. Parents are not swim coaches and should not participate in coaching the swimmers at practices or meets. The MAC coaching staff is professionally certified and uniquely qualified to provide instruction and feedback to your swimmers. Please respect these boundaries and don’t hesitate to ask questions if you don’t understand something that you are observing in practice or at meets.
5. Parents are expected to respect the rules of the Murray Aquatic Club (MAC). Please ensure that any siblings of MAC swimmers are abiding by these rules and respecting the practice environment described above.