- February - Race Swami's Emily Dixon (14) qualifies for both Far Westerns and Western Age Group Zones, in the 100 Fly at the Utah Senior State Championship Meet in St. George, finishing 11th overall in the statewide meet.
- March - Race Swami swimmers perform outstanding races at the 2016 Utah Age Group State Championships, with more local athletes than ever representing Race Swami (14) at the championship meet. Team finishes 16th overall, with the girls team finishing 7th in a field of more than 30 teams spanning the state.
- March - 10 & Under Girls Relay teams finish 2nd (200 Medley), 3rd (4 x 100 freestyle), and 4th overall (200 free) at the 2016 Utah Age Group State Championships.
- April - Race Swami hosts its 3rd SWAMI FIESTA Fundraising Event at Frida Bistro to help support its low-income families. Nearly 90% of SWAMIs receive some financial aid for the ability to participate in this amazing program and the money raised helps pay for their swimming.
- April - Larry H Miller Charities awards Race Swami with $7500 to be applied towards much-needed swimming and training equipment for all its swimmers, as well as to be applied for needy swimmers who need financial assistance to participate.
- May - Race Swami begins its spring training with 79 swimmers, marking the first time the program is completely full in all groups at both locations (Rose Park and Glendale). There is currently a waiting list of more than 10 swimmers.
- June - Race Swami offers it's first Summer Reading Program to more than 30 swimmers with the help of 10 volunteers. Swimmers, ranging in ages 7 to 18, read a variety of books and hold weekly classes, with one class offered in Spanish.
- July - All-time high number of swimmers qualify for Utah Long Course State Championships (16) and Beehive Finale (32), as well as two SWAMIs who qualify for the Western Senior Zone Championships in Fresno, CA
- July - Race Swami awarded $45,000 from the Sorenson Legacy Foundation to help support low-income swimmers, help offset costs to pay for lane usage at the local county facilities, and support a seasoned coaching staff to oversee more than 75 swimmers.
- September - SWAMIs open the Fall 2016 campaign with more than 80 swimmers, and add an additional swimming facility at Granger High School in West Valley City to accommodate the growing program.
- September - Race Swami featured on Salt Lake City's most highly rated public radio station, KRCL 90.9FM, with coach Matt Finnigan and a few swimmers serving as guests on the "RadioActive" program.