The Marlin Booster Board conducts a number of fundraising events in any given year. The fundraising effort is critical to the successful operation of the overall program, supporting a wide variety of activities and expenditures that are necessary and important in our competitive swimming family. To name a few:
- The Booster Club typically supplements our team travel trip in the winter by subsidizing transportation costs.
- The Booster Club also supports the Senior Training Trip by underwriting the cost of transportation (rental vans)
- Financial assistance is typically offered for swimmers attending higher level Zone, Sectional & National meets.
- In addition the boosters provides funds for the Junior Elite Clinic held in the summer to keep the cost per swimmer down.
- Fundraising efforts, in support of team bonding activities, have paid for numerous pizza parties, breakfasts, and other social activities throughout the season(s).
- The Boosters pay for our long course pool time- it's certainly not free!
- And finally, the funds are used to supplement Coach's travel which ultimately lowers the amount families have to fund.