The Platinum group is the most advanced group of swimmers in the CYAC Age Group program. This group will serve as an introduction into Senior Swimming. This practice group will start to introduce the age group athlete into individualized training and goal advancement. An emphasis will be placed on endurance training, interval training, IM sets, use of equipment, race strategies, goal setting, strength training in dry-land, and regular use of the pace clock. There will also be a daily focus on technique work. The swimmers in this group should have goals set on qualifying and placing at Age Group Champs, Zones, end of season travel championships, and Y Nationals.
11-14 years old
- There is a 4 practice per week requirement; however, swimmers are encouraged to attend 5 to 6 practices per week for the maximum benefit of the program.
- Should possess multiple 11-12 Age Group qualifying times
- Highly recommended to attend all meets on the group’s meet schedule
- Can swim 10 x 100 free @ 1:25
- Can swim 5 x 200 IM @ 3:20
- Can kick 10 x 50 of any stroke @ 1:00
Practices offered Weekly
-3x 2-hour evening swim workouts
-1x 2-hour weekly morning swimming work out OR one at night offered
-1x 1 hour and 40-minute swimming workout
-1x 2-hour Saturday morning swimming workout
-3x weekly dryland sessions
Short and Long course only (September 3rd-August 5th)
The Platinum group will train at the Brooks YMCA with two practices a week offered at Fry Springs during the summer for long course training.
Coach Bridget Burkot (Lead)