Silver Cavs Group
The Silver Cavs group is a group of 8 to 11-year-old swimmers that will focus on developing technique and endurance with all four strokes. This group is a less competitive version of the Silver Group, with less practices offered and an 8 month commitment vs the 11 month commitment of the Silver Group. Developing a love and passion for the sport of swimming in a fun and competitive setting will be a primary focus. An emphasis will be placed on technique, introduction to endurance and interval training sets, flip turns, starts, kicking and having FUN.
8 - 11 years old
- Swimmers in this group are recommended to attend 2 - 3 practices a week.
- Swimmers in this group are expected to attend meets on the group's meet schedule
- Can swim 6 x 50 Free @ 1:00 interval
- Can kick 6 x 50 @ 1:20 interval
- Can complete a legal 200 IM
-The Silver Cavs practice group will be offered at our Brooks YMCA site
Practices Offered Weekly
2x 1 hour and 15 minute afternoon swimming workouts
1x 1 hour and 15 minute Saturday morning swimming workout
2x 30 minute weekly dryland sessions
Season Length Options
September 8th - March 10th
Coach Bridget Burkot (Lead) Coach Jeremy (Assistant)