The Platinum group is the most advanced age group program on Cavalier Aquatics. This group serves as an introduction into senior swimming and the Blue group. Their daily training is a reflection of this. This practice group introduces the advanced age group swimmer into individualized training and encourages the swimmer to utilize goal setting strategies during training. An emphasis will be placed on endurance training, interval training, IM sets, use of equipment, race strategies, goal setting, strength training in dry-land, and regular use of the pace clock. There will also be a daily focus on technique work. The swimmers in this group should have goals set on qualifying and placing at Age Group Champs, Zones, end of season travel championships, and Y Nationals.
11-14 years old
- There is a 4 practice per week requirement; however, swimmers are expected to attend 5 to 6 practices per week for the maximum benefit of the program.
- Should possess multiple 11-12 Age Group Champs qualifying times
- Expected to attend all meets on the group’s meet schedule
- Can swim 10 x 100 free @ 1:25 interval
- Can swim 5 x 200 IM @ 3:20 interval
- Can kick 10 x 50 of any stroke @ 1:00 interval
Practices offered Weekly
- 5x 1 hour and 45 minute evening swim workouts
- 1x 2-hour Saturday morning swimming workout
- 3x 45 minute weekly dryland sessions
- September 8th – July 30th
The Platinum group will train at the Brooks YMCA
Coach Bridget Burkot (Lead) Coach Jeremy (Assistant)