Levels are determined by the coaching staff. Requests for level changes to swim with siblings or friends will not be considered.
Gold 2: This group is designed for competitive swimmers ages 14-18 who are the most serious and committed and have goals of competing and excelling at Age Groups, Seniors, Sectionals and beyond. Competition at swim meets is expected in this group. The expectation is that swimmers will attend 7-9 practices per week
Gold 1: This group is designed for competitive swimmers ages 14-18 who enjoy competitive swimming but cannot do the full commitment for Gold 2. This group is ideal for those swimmers who join Phoenix to prepare for their high school swim teams or have other interests outside the sport of swimming. Competition at swim meets is at the discretion of the swimmer depending on his/her goals. Maximum of 4 practices a week allowed
Silver 2: Designed for competitive age group swimmers ages 9-14 who have goals of competing and excelling at Age Groups and beyond. Athletes entering this group must display a desire to swim on a more committed basis. Competition at swim meets is expected in this group. The expectation is that swimmers will attend 6-8 practices per week (Maximum 8).
Silver 1: Designed for swimmers ages 9-16 who enjoy competitive swimming and looking to build a strong foundation in all 4 strokes. Competition at swim meets is at the discretion of the swimmer depending on his/her goals. Maximum of 4 practices a week allowed
Bronze 2: This group is for swimmers ages 7-10 who are focusing on improving all four strokes (butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle). Competition in swim meets is encouraged. Maximum of 3 practices per week allowed.
Bronze 1: This group is designed for swimmers ages 5-9 who are learning to swim competitively. Children who can comfortably swim 25 yards of freestyle or backstroke are eligible. Maximum of 2 practices per week allowed.
- The Gold2, Gold 1, Silver 2, Silver1, Bronze 2, and Bronze 1 groups require an August 20, 2018 thru March 31, 2019 commitment. Moving up in groups is both at the coaches discretion and based on demonstrated performance
- All swimmers must pay the $175 registration fee to be eligible to swim. Registration fee covers USA registration, insurance, subscription to Splash magazine and team cap.
- 5% discount for paying all monthly swim fees in a lump sum upfront.
- Family discount – 1st full price per month, 2nd $15 discount per month, 3rd $25 discount, 4th etc. $25 discount
- Group assignments are determined by the coaching staff. Requests for level changes to swim with siblings or friends will not be considered.
- Valley Swim Team Phoenix will hosts two swim meets Nov. 30-Dec.2, 2018 and Jan. 19-20, 2019. Hosting this meet will net the team needed income to maintain team operations. To run this meet effectively, each swim family (ALL Swim Groups) is expected to volunteer a minimum of 8 hours per meet.
- There will also be a Survivor Fee assessment of $200 per swimmer or $300 per family. If any fundraising projects are done throughout the year, the amount raised by a family will be counted towards this goal. Any unmet obligations will be assessed on February 1.