USA Swimming Safe Sport
Here at Vallejo Aquatic Club, we strive to make your swimmer's protection and safety our highest priority. By working together as coaches, swimmers, parents, and volunteers we can ensure all USA swimming members are supported in a safe and dependable environment both in and out of the pool.
- USA Swimming "Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy"
- USA Swimming member clubs and LSCs are required to implement this Minor athlete Abuse Prevention Policy "MAAPP" in full. The Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy must be reviewed and agreed to in writing by all athletes, parents, coaches and other non-athlete members of member clubs on an annual basis with such written agreement to be retained by the club.
- Takes effect June 23rd 2019
- USA Swimming Athlete Protection Training
- All our 18+ year old athletes must complete the Athlete Protection Training by June 23, 2019, before they are able to swim in a meet. Any meet that uses OME for entries (Sectionals, Far Westerns, Jr. Nationals, Nationals, etc.) will flag any 18+ athletes that have not completed the online course and they will not be allowed to swim in the meet. It is recommended that those athletes that are almost 18 years old complete the online course during the summer while they have time.
- Information and Procedures for Reporting to USA Swimming Safe Sport & US Centers for Safe Sport
- VJO Safe Sport Coordinator : Jennifer Thiem (Head Coach)
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (707)553-7946
- To Deal with a Safe Sport Concern: Contact USA Swimming at (719)866-4578
- Contact the US Centers for Safe Sport to Make a Report: Call (720)524-5640 or use the Online Reporting Form or find more information at http://www.uscenterforsafesport.org/
- USA Swimming Safe Sport Report
- Please use these guidelines to help you on the first step “Where do I report?”
- Vallejo Aquatic Club Anti-Bullying Action Plan
- USA Swimming clubs are required to have an action plan to address bullying and the plan must be reviewed with and agreed to by all athletes, parents, coaches, and other adults at the club. Click here for Vallejo Aquatic Club's Anti-Bullying Action Plan
- Vallejo Aquatic Club Parent Consent Forms: