SwimNOVA Lessons Policies
Policies related to SWIMMER AND PARENT CONDUCT
1. Parents must determine a child's readiness for swim lessons. NOVA accepts children aged three and up who are potty trained (no swim diapers allowed).
2. Proper swim attire is required during swim lessons. Girls must wear a one-piece bathing suit. Long hair must be secured in a ponytail or swim cap. Goggles are permitted from Level 2 and up (no goggles in preschool or Level 1). Goggles must not cover the swimmer's nose.
3. Parents must remain on the bleachers at the far side of a pool during lessons.
4. If a swimmer needs assistance using the bathroom during class, you may assist your child and then return them to class.
5. Children five and older are not permitted in the locker room or bathroom of the opposite gender. Please bring your child ready to swim; changing clothing on deck is not allowed.
6. Students are not allowed to enter the pool before class or stay in the pool after dismissed.
7. Parents are responsible for notifying NOVA of any relevant medical circumstances, behavior issues, or water experiences before the first class begins.
8. A parent or guardian must remain at the NOVA facility during the duration of the swim lesson.
9. Photos may be taken during lessons for marketing and promotional uses. You must notify us in writing if you do not want your child's photo used.
10. NOVA has the right to terminate the participation of a student in the SwimNOVA program, for any reason, at any time.
Policies related to CLASS REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
1. Class selection and registration is done through the SwimNOVA Lessons Office, either in person or by calling 804-754-3401. At this time, online registration is not available.
2. You must pay in full to reserve a spot in a lessons class. Space is reserved for your child ONLY when payment is received. We accept checks (payable to NOVA) or credit cards only; we do not accept cash.
3. Re-enrollment is NOT automatic. You must register your child for each session of lessons separately. The only exception to this is with WEEKDAY classes from September to May.
4. You may enroll in as many sessions as are offered each season. NOVA recommends that you enroll for all sessions offered for the weekend lessons in a swimmer's current level to ensure your child has a space. In the case that a different level is recommended by the instructor than what was registered for, we will move the swimmer to the appropriate level.
5. Students do not necessarily move up a level after each session. The instructor will determine your swimmer's readiness to move to the next level. Progress reports will be given on the last day of class. It is customary for many students to remain in one level for multiple sessions; our staff believes each child progresses at his or her own pace and it is neither appropriate nor beneficial to place a child in a level above their capability.
Policies related to CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS, CREDITS AND MAKE UP CLASSES
1. No refunds or credits will be given if you cancel within 5 days of the class start date. No refunds or credits are offered after a session begins, as instructors are hired based on registration.
2. Refunds, credits, or make up classes are not offered for conflicts with other activities or vacations. Credits will be issued ONLY for extended illness (3 or more consecutive lessons missed) with a doctor's note, and NO OTHER reasons.
3. NOVA's pool is grounded, and lessons will continue during periods of rain or storms as long as there is no lightning in the immediate area. Lessons may be stopped, but then continued when the conditions permit. Weather-related cancellations will be posted on the NOVA website, www.novaswim.org.
4. If a class is cancelled due to low participation (less than 3 swimmers), and a substitute replacement is not found, you will be offered a refund or credit.
5. Credits are valid for one year, and may be applied to future lessons sessions.
NOVA's Lessons Program is supported by our sponsor