Practice Changes due to the VHSL meets here on Friday, 2/12
Friday, Feb 12th: Normal senior / age group AM practice held, NO White, Blue Junior 6:45-7:45 AM. All afternoon practices will be held. Please note: The mezzanine will be closed tomorrow evening as it will be a ticketed area. Admission will start at 5pm and they will be clearing the stands at some point prior to that. After the meet starts and room permitting, Poseidon parents may use any unassigned bleacher seating on the east deck using the east end deck stairs to enter the stands. The concession area and lobby are available for waiting as usual.
Saturday, Feb 13th, Due to District Champs, White Group and Blue Group are canceled. Any Blue Group swimmers not at the meet will attend Junior Group time slot at 8:30 AM.
Practice changes for MAC:
Saturday, Feb 13th: No practice will be held at MAC
Sunday, Feb 14th: We will only be holding JUNIOR group. NO white or blue group practice. Junior will be at the normal time.
Saturday, Feb 20th: No practice will be held at MAC
Sunday, Feb 21st: No practice will be held at MAC
Upcoming changes time and place due to the CAA championship meet held at CSAC:
Wednesday – Friday, 2/24-27: afternoons at St. Catherine’s
AM practices for Seniors and Age Group Gold/Silver the same at CSAC
AM practices for White, Blue and Junior 6:45 AM are canceled 2/24 and 2/26
4:30 – 6:00 PM Gold, Senior I & II at St. Catherine’s
6:00 – 7:00 PM, White and Blue at St. Catherine’s
7:00 – 8:30 PM, Silver, Bronze and Junior at St. Catherine’s
Saturday, 2/27 at St. Catherine’s
7:00 – 9:00 AM, Seniors and Gold
9:00 – 10:30 AM, Junior, Bronze and Silver
9:30 – 10:30 AM, White and blue
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday the office is open 9 AM to 5.
Wednesday 9 AM - 7 PM.
******All athletes must use the front doors to enter and exit the facility. The pool door on the pool deck is off limits due to the cold temperatures. Please get in the habit of using the front doors moving forward.
Watch the website for further practice cancelations or changes.
The aquatics center opens to the public at 12:00 noon on Saturdays so we are in the building without the support of the GRAP staff. Poseidon Swimming athletes and parents please follow the procedures below for all Saturday training sessions to provide safety and building security.
- All Poseidon Swimming members are to enter and exit the building via the east end competition pool door. No one is to exit through any other door.
- The front door to the facility must not be opened for any reason.
- The entrance hallway double doors will remain locked and no one will be allowed to enter the front of the building. Locker room doors will remain locked on the community side of the building.
- Parents viewing training from the spectator seating must enter and exit the stands via the east end stair well.
- At the conclusion of Saturday training Poseidon will flip the pool to long course. This is a tremendous assistance to the GRAP staff and can be accomplished quickly will all hands working together.
- All athletes must depart the building in a timely fashion. There have been many athletes waiting out front long after we are finished. Please be respectful of the coaches time as a designated coach will remain until all athletes are picked up.
Thank you for your attention and support.