ASHWAUBENON SWIM CLUB
Job Title: Head Coach - Ashwaubenon Swim Club (ASC)
Location: Ashwaubenon Community Pool
2391 S. Ridge Rd. Green Bay, WI 54304
P.O. Box 28246, Green Bay, WI 54324
Reports to: Club President and Parent Board
Ashwaubenon Swim Club (ASC) is a non-profit association focused on competitive and recreational swimming for swimmers of ages 6-18+ years and co-sponsored with Ashwaubenon Park and Rec. We are expecting our head coach to develop leaders and accomplished swimmers in a team environment through a commitment to swimmer evaluation, goal development and sound swimming technique, while challenging athletes with endurance and physical fitness associated with competitive swimming.
- Be approachable, visible and communicate openly with all club members and swim team families.
- Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice and swim meet. Focus on swimmer development which rewards effort and commitment as well as results.
- Develop strong relationships with all swimmers on the team, board members, high school coaches and Park & Rec personnel.
- Facilitate and run all practices with the help of assistant coaches occurring daily, mornings, and weekends as pool time allows.
- Design and oversee training plans for all training groups and develop methods to track swimmers’ progress throughout the season. Set goals with swimmers and monitor phases of individual swimmer development including but not limited to stroke technique, starts and turns, and interval timing.
- Schedule, organize, and facilitate each season’s home and away meet schedule consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, athletes and their families.
- Assist with the preparation, operation and clean-up of practices, home swim meets, and team functions in our state-of-the-art facility that we call home.
- Support and exemplify USA Swimming’s Safe Sport initiative.
- Keep current with research in aquatics related areas and actively participate in the Wisconsin Swimming House of Delegates quarterly meetings.
- Hours will vary based on practice and meet times
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- General swim knowledge and competitive swim coaching experience.
- Must be certified USA Swimming Coach
- Current Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certificates (or ability to obtain)
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Team Unify and Meet Manager software
Please send your resume and letter of interest to Leah Nitke, President…firstname.lastname@example.org