To put YMCA principles into practice though programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Parents/Guardians agree to:
· Support decisions made by the coaches and cooperate with them and the Door County YMCA staff to make the competitive swim program the most meaningful for all team members.
· Volunteer at least one family member at each home meet for a work position.
· Assist in fundraising efforts/activities as organized by the team. We view these activities as great team exposure and community involvement.
· Participate on the Swim Team Parent Advisory Committee or other committees if possible.
· Be responsible for accurate and timely payments of all fees.
· Discuss any concerns/questions with Head Swim Coach.
· Be a good sport parent - Be on time, promote good nutrition, sleep, and promote team.
· Be a positive representative of our team by displaying great sportsmanship.
Athletes Code of Conduct
· Respect the coaching staff. teammates,YMCA staff, pool facilities,and the YMCA facility-at all locations
· Practice with commitment, dedication and promote progress of other swimmers.
· Safety is first,last, and always. Don't do anything that may cause injury to you or others.
· Be a positive representative of the Door County YMCA swim team by displaying good sportsmanship within the team and at meets. We promote friendship, honesty, fairness, and intensity in competition.
· Avoid any situation/behavior that would be unacceptable as an athlete or role model in all situations and locations.