Dear DFAC Swimming New Parents ~
Are you the parent of a new swimmer? Has your child participated on a team before, but this is your first experience on a USA Swimming team?Welcome to the team!! We’re here to help!
Remember: ALL swimmers were “new” swimmers, at one point – regardless of what age or ability they are at now! And, all swim parents were “new” swim parents at one point, too!
DFAC Swimming offers the following new parent resources:
- New Swimmer Placement Sessions: parent volunteers on hand to answer new family questions
- Welcome to our Team! New Parent / Family Meetings! Meet & Greet's (first week of practices)
- New Family Orientation (sample meeting agenda)
- Swim meets for New Parents
- Team Unify for New Parents tutorials: Meet Registration How-To
- OnDeck Parent app: download this app from Team Unify, in order to access your swimmer's swim information on the go!
- Contact any DFAC Swimming Board Member with any questions or concerns. No question is silly!
In addition, periodically throughout each swim session, our team schedules in-person training sessions. Watch our calendar and your email for scheduled meetings!
Welcome to the team ~ see you at the pool!