We are here to support your needs. If your questions are related to workouts, meets, events, goal setting, and other swimming related needs, please contact one of the coaches. For all questions related to administrative, such as dues, safety, or policy issues, please contact one of the board members (noted on Home tab).
GBSC Coaching Staff
Teri DeGrand - Head Coach email
- Teri has been coaching swimming for the Green Bay Swim Club for nearly 30 years. Teri swam club, high school and 4 years at UWGB. In addition, Teri has coached the Green Bay United Girls team (formerly East/Preble) for 17 years. Teri is also Pool Director at the YWCA.
Teri has 3 children that all swam for GBSC. Teri's 2 daughters went on to swim in college at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay.
"I love to work with children and I love to watch them mature not only into good swimmers, but also to watch them mature into good people. It is fun to watch them grow with their swimming abilities and to see all the fun they have with each other. Swimming brings much joy to my life and I hope I pass down the passion to them."
Tim Scanlan - Assistant Coach.
- Tim has been with GBSC for the past 7 seasons. Primary coach for the White Group for the last 5 years. UWGB graduate in business administration/ economics while competing 4 years on the swim team specializing in the middle distance freestyle and backstroke events. Tim has worked at Schneider Logistics for 7 years as a Sr. Sales Account Executive.
Fun Fact - Coach Teri is Tim's mother-in-law!
Malynn Tarczewski, Assistant Coach
- This is Malynn's second year coaching with GBSC. She is currently a junior at UWGB competing on the swim team in the breaststroke and IM events. She placed 7th in the 100 breaststroke at the 2019 Horizon League Champsionships. Malynn is a biology major and chemistry minor. Originally from Kenosha WI, Malynn has been swimming competitively since age 6.
Dana DeWitt, Assistant Coach
- This will be Dana's 7th year coaching with GBSC. DeWitt, a native of Kiel, WI, coached the girls swimming team at Sheboygan South High School, as well as the boys squad at Kiel High School from 2010-12. In addition, she was an assistant with the WAM Swim Club from 2010-12. DeWitt graduated from UW-Green Bay in 2008 with a bachelor's degree in psychology and human development, and went on to earn her master's degree in kinesiology with an emphasis in sport psychology from the University of Minnesota. Dana competed for 4 years on the swim team at UWGB claiming an individual Horizon League title in 2006 in the 200 freestyle.
Megan Rambo, Assistant Coach
- Megan will be back with GBSC for her 2nd season where she primarily coaches the blue group. Megan competes for UWGB in the breaststroke and IM events. Megan is majoring in elementary education at UWGB.
Jenna Vaaler, Assistant Coach
- Jenna will be with us for her 2nd season at GBSC. Jenna competes for UWGB in the backstroke events along with the distance freestyle events. Jenna is a double major in psychology and human development. Jenna was an intern at Innovative Services Inc. in Green Bay this past summer.