We are here to support your needs. If your questions are related to workouts, meets, events, goal setting, and other swimming related needs, please contact one of the coaches. For all questions related to administration, such as dues, safety, or policy issues, please contact one of the board members (noted on Home tab).
GBSC is currently looking for qualified assistant swim coaches. If you are interested please let us know through the Contact Us button on the left menu bar.
GBSC Coaching Staff
Teri DeGrand - Head Coach email
- Teri has been coaching swimming for the Green Bay Swim Club for nearly 30 years. Teri swam club, high school and 4 years at UWGB. In addition, Teri has coached the Green Bay United Girls team (formerly East/Preble) for 18 years. Teri is also Pool Director at the YWCA.
Teri has 3 children that all swam for GBSC. Teri's 2 daughters went on to swim in college at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay.
"I love to work with children and I love to watch them mature not only into good swimmers, but also to watch them mature into good people. It is fun to watch them grow with their swimming abilities and to see all the fun they have with each other. Swimming brings much joy to my life and I hope I pass down the passion to them."
Kari Kleczka, Assistant Coach
Kari has been coaching for the past 10 years as an assistant coach for the YMCA. She is also in her 3rd season of being the girls head coach of the Ashwaubenon Jaguars.
Swimming has always been something I have been passionate about even when I was young. I started swimming competitively when I was 8 years old, and swimming has been a large part of my life ever since. I swam my high school career at Pulaski, where I swam all 4 years as a Varsity swimmer.
One of my favorite things about coaching is when a swimmer comes back from a swim meet or even just a practice to tell me that they accomplished a goal, made it to state, dove off the block headfirst or that they signed to swim in college always brings a smile to my face.
If you work hard and have a positive attitude you can do great things in swim and in life.
Malynn Tarczewski, Assistant Coach
- This is Malynn's third year coaching with GBSC. She is currently a senior at UWGB competing on the swim team in the breaststroke and IM events. She placed 7th in the 100 breaststroke at the 2019 Horizon League Championships and 11th in the 100 breaststroke the 2020 Horizon League Championships. Malynn is a biology major and chemistry minor. Originally from Kenosha WI, Malynn has been swimming competitively since age 6.
Kelsey Thurin, Assistant Coach
- Kelsey is joining GBSC for the first time this fall season. Kelsey is from Tampa, Florida, and has been swimming for 11 years. She is a sophomore at UWGB, majoring in Human Biology with an emphasis in Applied Public Health. With her second year swimming for UWGB, she competes in the 100/200 breaststroke and the 200 IM.
Alli Misialek, Assistant Coach
- Alli is joining us for her first year of coaching at GBSC. She is currently a sophomore at UWGB competing on their swim team
Tim Scanlan - Assistant Coach.
- Tim has been with GBSC for numerous seasons. Primary coach for the White Group that brings the fun to practice. UWGB graduate in business administration/ economics while competing 4 years on the swim team specializing in the middle distance freestyle and backstroke events. Tim has worked at Schneider Logistics for 7 years as a Sr. Sales Account Executive.
Fun Fact - Coach Teri is Tim's mother-in-law!