Swim-A-Thon is a fundraiser in which participants earn money for their team by swimming lengths of the pool. Swimmers have a two-hour period to swim a maximum of 200 lengths. Participants get pledges from businesses, family, neighbors, etc. prior to swimming. Some choose to get pledges and money prior to swimming while others get pledges per length and collect the money following the Swim-A-Thon. With over 500 Swim-A-Thon's conducted each year nationwide, this program has proven itself over and over again as a successful method of raising funds for teams. The exciting benefits of this program are that Swim-A-Thon is not only an excellent fundraiser, but also an opportunity for teams to combine swimming and a social event. Additionally, Swim-A-Thon can boost team spirit and increase community awareness of the team.

With that said, Lake Geneva Swim Club will again participate in Swim-A-Thon in 2018. For the 2018 Swim-A-Thon, LGSC will be using the Team Unify Fundraising platform only. Additional information regarding the Team Unify Tool will be sent out shortly. The USA Swimming Swim-A-Thon paper pledge forms, will also be available from your coaches closer to the event.

For any questions regarding the Swim-A-Thon, please contact the LGSC Swim-A-Thon Coordinator listed below:

LGSC Swim-A-Thon Coordinator:

Marcy Murphy 262-325-2726


Prizes will be awarded for participation. Come back here closer to the event for more information in regards to prizes and awards. Past awards have been the following:

Certificate of Participation - awarded to all swimmers who participate
Swim-a-Thon bag tag - for all participants that raise $200 or more


Parent Information

Please help your swimmers set up their Team Unify Fundraising Tool. The tool makes it easy to consolidate email addresses and send out their pledge requests. Start with family members, friends, and neighbors. Additional pledge sources our people you do business with such as your family doctor, dentist, insurance agent, tax accountant, real estate agent, lawyer and local businesses.

95% of the Swim-A-Thon money stays with LGSC! The other 5% goes to USA Swimming to help support national initiatives. The donations raised from Swim-A-Thon are tax-deductible contributions.

Please plan on supporting your swimmer(s) by counting lengths during their swim.

Swim-A-Thon – Swim

When:      Saturday, November 17 (9am-1pm)
Where:     Badger High School
What:       SWIM!

Swim-A-Thon Pledge Forms

We will be using the Team Unify Fundraising Tool this year, but Pledge forms are available for USA Swimming to support cash/check pledges. On these forms they have a grid, which also explains how much a sponsor can expect to pay given their pledge amount and the number of total lengths swum. 

How Do I get Pledges?
Pledges may be collected from family, friends, teachers, neighbors, business associates, etc., preferably by the Team Unify Fundraising Tool, but also by going door to door, or by letter writing. When you collect any money that was not pledged via the TU Tool, the total amount can be sent in by check. This makes it easier for the organizers of the Swim-A-Thon. We also suggest, if possible, collect your money at the time of the pledge or encourage sponsors on go online to donate to you immediately.

How long do we have to raise money?

You can start now to obtain pledges from friends, family members and businesses. Ask your dentist, ask your neighbors and ask your family members to sponsor you for Swim-A-Thon. Some parents take the pledge form to work and ask their co-workers or place the pledge form on a bulletin board. You can ask for a flat dollar amount or a per length pledge (Tax ID #46-2087828), it’s up to you.

How much money should we raise?

We will have a Team goal to raise money from the event. Come back here closer to the event to find out our Team goal for 2018. It is important that every team member participate! A team effort is needed by everyone to accomplish our goal. Please remember these pledges will significantly help our club. 

Family with Single Swimmer $250

Family with Multiple Swimmers $400

When and where do we turn in the money?

All monies need to be collected and turned in by TBD to coaches.

Do we have to participate?
YES!  Or you will be billed the amount you are responsible to raise or the remainder of what you did not raise to complete agreement signed upon registration.

Since this is our biggest annual fundraiser for the team, we would like every swimmer to participate.  Prizes are awarded based on participation. It is not difficult to raise pledges, your parents can help and all you need to do is ask! Remember, you are giving your potential sponsor a tax write-off opportunity. Many people look for non-profit organizations to reduce their tax burden even in economic hard times.