1. Enjoy what the sport offers your child -- friendship, fun, and fitness. As they progress and want more, they they also learn goal setting and self-discipline. As parents, you will also make friends that will be a part of your lives for a long time.
2. Please address any questions, to coaches, before or after practice. If it will take longer than 15 minutes, please schedule a private meeting. We'd like the coaches available to the swimmers during the practice time.
3. We encourage parents to drop off their swimmers and leave the pool area. There is a sitting area, with tables and a tv on the second level of Williams Center, for parents to work or relax. You can also purchase a UWW fitness membership and exercise while your child is practicing.
4. Your only job is to love, support and transport your children unconditionally. Please let the trained J-Hawk Coaching Staff coach your children.
5. Have fun and get involved. Believe it or not, there is ALWAYS something parents can do for the club. If you would like to help with anything, check with a J-Hawk Booster Club board member or speak with a coach.
6. Be patient. It takes years to develop all 4 strokes, starts, relay exchanges, breakouts, turns and finishes. EVERYONE learns at different levels and times. NEVER compare your swimmer with any other swimmer.
7. When dropping your children off at practice, double check that a coach is there prior to departing. 12&Under swimmers are not allowed in Williams Center, without supervision.
8. Pay attention to the parking meters at UW-Whitewater. There is metered parking available for $.25/30 minutes. You must pay the meters Monday through Thursday evenings and Friday mornings. After 12pm, Friday, it’s free.