How do I Sign up for Meets?
Swim Meet Entry Guidelines
1. All swimmers should sign up for meets at the beginning of each swim season. To this, attend the event by clicking on the swim meet portion of our home page. Then commit your swimmer/swimmers. If you have any requests or comments, please put them in the comment section.
(If you did not register for a meet and there is room, you may be able to sign up later.)
2. Coaches will enter your swimmer/swimmers in individual and relay events. Please indicate which days you will be available for the meet. Some meets last up to 5 days, but normally 2-3 days in length.
3. The entries will be posted on the Bulletin Board at each pool about a week before the meet. Please review your athletes events, changes need to be reported immediately.
4. Meet entries can also be found on the Ozaukee Aquatics web site uner the Hy-Tech link.
5. Please let the coach know immediately if YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING A MEET you registered for. You will be charged for the meet once entries are submitted to host teams. You can let us know you are not swimming by emailing Coach Mark.
What Should I Bring to the Meet?
1. Team Suit
2. Extra Suit
3.2 pair of goggles
4.2 swim caps (OZ)
5.2 large towels
6. Deck sandals
8. Team T-shirt and sweats
9. Money for possible purchases at equipment dealers.
-Equipment dealers at meets sometimes have specials on suits and other equipment at very competitive prices
1. Water Bottle with water and/or sports drink
2. Nutritious food to eat during the meet. Avoid chocolate or lots of sweets
3. Money for possible purchases at concessions
What do I do When I Arrive at the Meet?
1. Please be on time for warm-ups
2. Swimmers check with your coach to see if you are swimming in a relay
3. Write the events/heat/lane on your swimmer’s hand or arm
4. Swimmers remember to see your coaches before & after your races
5. No parents allowed on the deck or behind the blocks during the meet
6. Parent please encourage your swimmers to sit with team during meet
7. Parent please give your swimmers positive support for all races
8. Write down the swimmers times from the posted results and keep a log at home to chart your swimmers progress.