SWIM LESSON LEVELS
The goal of this level is to get children 18 months to 3 years old comfortable in the water with both their parent and an instructor.
This level is for children ages 3-6 years old. They'll spend time on the steps while the instructor works with each child individually. This level introduces and develops:
- getting the face wet and eventually full submersion
- assisted back and front floats
- basic flutter kick while assisted as well as unassisted
- basic climbing out an jumping in skills
This level introduces and develops:
- Unassisted back and front floats
- Unassisted Freestyle and Backstroke kick
- Arm motions for Freestyle and Backstroke
At this level swimmers continue to enhance their kicking skills while practicing basic arm motions for Freestyle and Backstroke .
They will also:
- continue development of proper hand and arm movements in freestyle and backstroke
- begin learning basic breathing patterns.
- be introduced to basic streamline skills
- begin to learn butterfly kick
This is the final swim lesson level at FAST. After completing this level, swimmers will be ready to join the Blue or Green Group on the FAST swim team pending a coach evaluation. This is what they'll learn in level 4:
- Swimming across pool in both freestyle and backstroke
- Basic butterfly and breaststroke kicking techniques
- Initiate arm strokes for breaststroke and butterfly
To register, visit the Oro Valley Aquatic Center or email Brianna Mounts if you have any questions.