1. Stroke & Turn Judge: The first step.
2. Take Chief Judge Clinic & work as a CJ to increase your competency as a Stroke and Turn Official.
3. Advance to Starter: After 1 year at S&T you may pursue certification as a starter.
4. Deck Referee (Big Step): After 1 year at Starter you may pursue certification as a Deck Referee.
5. Junior Meet Referee: An experienced Deck Referee with administrative training and able to run small swim meets (300 swimmers or less).
6. Senior Meet Referee: After one year as a Deck Referee, you can become an experienced Meet Referee capable of managing large swim meets or meets with a preliminary-finals format.
7. Administrative Referee: Manages the dry side paper flow and personnel; and back up Meet Referee
Electronic Timing Judge
Timing rules expert, results verification, and processing. Pre-meet data checks, runs reports.