• Grade completion requirement – applicant must have completed 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
• GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year
• A=4, B=3, C=2. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79
• Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, computer sciences, visual and performing arts if indicated as an academic subject. A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated - art, band, choir, orchestra, home economics, health, driver education, physical education, shop, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
• There will be no special status designation for a 4.0 GPA other than for a national champion who also has a 4.0 GPA.
• Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to a 2018 Winter Junior qualifying time in any individual event during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2018 – August 15, 2019) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website. A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
To apply you must have an account set up with USA Swimming and be logged into their website. You can follow this link to the application.