Coach: Jason Davis
The 10-Under Gold group is for swimmers ages 8-10. The swimmers are legal in all 4 strokes and working towards SoCal's WAG, JAG, & JO times. This group will continue working on stroke mechanics, aerobic & sprint development, pace clock reading, compete in USA Swimming's IM Xtreme Challenge, kicking, and start/turn efficiency.
Requirements: To be in the 10-Under Gold group, a swimmer must be able to meet the following:
- Must be legal in all 4 strokes
- Must have a minimum of 1 Blue Time and 3 Red Times in other strokes.
- Must be able to do 3 sets of 10 pushups with proper form.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 4 practices per week.
- Must attend meets at least 1x per month
- Must be between the ages of 8-10.
- Must be able to make 10x50 Free on 1:00 (3-kick switch)
- Must be able to read a pace clock (know when to leave the wall)
- Minimum 4x per week, 5x is recommended.
Competition: 1x per month, but expect to be available for relays at Championship meets, like WAGS (December), Eastern Committee Championships (late Feb/early March), Spring JO (March), JAGS (June), Summer JO (July).
- Monday-Friday: 6:30-8:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00-9:30am
Speedo Junior Kickboard
Most swimmers will use size 0.0 (sometimes referred as #00)
Swimmers with larger hands, could end up using 0.5 (sometimes referred as #05)
Goal: Paddle no larger than 1/2" beyond fingertips
Goggles (Boys) - Goggles (Girls)
Competition suit (Girls MESA Logo one piece) Boys MESA Logo - Brief Boys MESA Logo - Jammer
Practice suit (Girls one piece - option 1) (Girls one piece - option 2) (Boys brief) (Boys Jammer)