This is the top level of our Age Group Program. Gold is designed to prepare the swimmers for the transition into our 13&over programs. Swimmers in this group have the opportunity to practice six times per week. Practice range from one hour thirty minutes up to two hours. Each practice begins with an additional fifteen minutes devoted to dryland activities. Practice attendance is not required for this group but it is recommended that swimmers attend at least four out of the six practices each week. Swimmers in this group should be able to train repeats freestyle up to 500 yards and 100’s of all strokes with strong technique. Swimmers learn advanced stroke technique and race strategy. Swimmers will compete in USA Swimming invitationals, in addition to their expected attendance in the CT YMCA State Championship Meet, CT Regionals, and CT Age Groups for those who qualify. Swimmers new to the program must be evaluated by a member of the coaching staff prior to enrollment.
- Swim a continuous 500 yard free with flip turns and streamlines.
- Swim a legal 200 IM
- Swim a legal 100 of all four competitive strokes.
- Demonstrate a willingness to train and compete in all strokes/distances.
- Understand and demonstrate the YMCA’s 4 core character values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving in the sport and consistent practice attendance habits (4 out of 6 practices per week)