Parking changes effective February 1, 2020
Parking at Wellmark
Questions may be answered by the Wellmark Welcome Center staff at 515-282-9622.
Ending January 31, 2020: The Wellmark YMCA will "validate" tickets for Members who park in the 5th & Keo Garage at the rate of $1 for up to the first 2 hours. Beyond the 2 hours, members pay at the regular garage rate of $1/hr. Currently, the garage does not charge on Sundays.
Y members must bring their 5th & Keo parking garage ticket and cash to front desk for "validation". If you are here for a swim meet which runs after the Y is closed, you will need to "validate" your parking garage ticket before the Y closes. (i.e. Fridays before 8:45pm, Saturdays before 4:45pm and Sundays before 5:45pm.) Please note, we cannot validate if your membership is not active. Payments made at the Wellmark Y for parking are cash and coins only.
The street meters on our block are monitored during the hours of 9am-9pm Monday-Saturday.
Details are https://www.dmymca.org/locations/wellmark-ymca/parking-info/
- See Rate Plate on meter for hours and information
- Must obey supplemental posted signage to not get ticketed
- Free on Sundays ONLY
- Prepaid validations: $10/month added to members' monthly bank draft. This monthly parking pass may be added to any member belonging to a YMCA of Greater Des Moines.
- Unlimited visits
- Parking tickets (max of 2 hours each visit) must still be validated at the YMCA Welcome Center. Hours beyond 2 hours are paid by the member.
- Tri-Annual and Annual memberships will pay a pro-rated amount