The FM Gators Swim Team believes that no athlete should be turned away due to financial hardship. The Gage Burdick Scholarship Fund was set up to assist those in need and may be accessed with the approval of the FM Gators Parent Board Executive Committee. All financial assistance information is held confidentially among the Executive Board and YMCA staff. Following are the benefits available and application process.
Financial assistance benefits include but are not limited to:
1. Program Fee Assistance: The YMCA covers a portion of program fees based on income-based eligibility as determined by YMCA of Cass and Clay County Open Door Financial Assistance Program. For details and the YMCA’s Open Doors Application, please CLICK HERE.
2. ND Swimming Outreach Membership: USA Swimming/ND Swimming offers an Outreach Membership for $7.00. Members that meet eligibility requirements (qualify for free/reduced school lunch or food stamps, or the primary bread-winner has been out of work 6 months or more) are eligible for the Outreach Membership upon completion of the application (and provide appropriate documentation). This option is independent of the YMCA Open Door program.
3. USA registration fee paid: Upon request, the FM Gators will pay the USA fee for those that have qualified for either option 1 or 2 above.
4. Reduced home and state meet fees: Upon request and qualification for either option 1 or 2 above, the FM Gators will reduce the meet fee for FM Gator hosted meets to $5.00. For state meet fees, the family will be responsible for $5.00 per day and the FM Gators will cover the rest. Financial Assistance recipients and parents are strongly encouraged to volunteer where possible at all home meets and team fundraisers.
- If additional financial assistance is needed, a written request should be sent to the FM Gators Executive Board (President, Vice President or Treasurer) stating what the need and situation are.
These additional requests will be reviewed and eligibility determined by the Executive Board on a case-by-case, anonymous basis.
Financial assistance application process:
1. Financial assistance must be applied for annually. The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties ‘Membership Assistance Application’ must be completed and mailed to the YMCA Open Doors Program to receive program fee assistance. The application and mailing information can be found on the YMCA website.
2. A copy of the application or determination letter should be turned in to the FM Gators Executive Board (President, Vice President or Treasurer) to receive the additional benefits described above.
3. Upon determination of eligibility, a representative from the YMCA and/or the FM Gators will contact you to review available benefits.
4. The USA registration form must be completed with a note attached requesting financial assistance benefits.
5. Meet intent forms must be completed by the applicable due date with a note requesting financial assistance benefits and the applicable fee ($5.00 for home meets, $5.00 per day of state meets).
Questions regarding this policy can be directed to the FM Gators Swim Team Parent Board President. CLICK HERE for contact information.
Senior Athlete Scholarship
The FM Gators have a Scholarship program for our swimmers who are seniors in High School and have been a part of the Gators for 2 or more consecutive years. They also need to have plans for college. Just fill out the application below and turn in to the Gator Board by March 15th to be considered as a recipient of this scholarship.
FM Gators Scholarship Application