Entry level swimming group focused on teaching swim team safety, drills & techniques and learning competitive swimming strokes.
Bronze Practice Group Requirements:
- Swimmers 8 & younger should be able to swim 1 length of the pool swimming freestyle (front crawl) with good form and demonstrating rotary breathing, or an attempt to rotary breathe. Swimmers must be able to swim 1 length of the pool on their back.
- Swimmers ages 9-12 should be able to swim 2 lengths of the pool without stopping in two or more competitive strokes with a good attempt at rotary breathing during freestyle and good form. Swimmers should be able to demonstrate a racing start (dive), or attempt a dive from the starting block.
- Swimmers ages 13 & over must be able to swim 4 lengths of the pool without stopping in 2 competitive strokes demonstrating good form and rotary breathing during freestyle.
Summer Practice Times: M, W 6-7:30 & F 6:30-8:00
Winter Workout Days/Times: Monday & Wednesday 5:00 - 6:15
Silver 1 & 2 Groups
From the Bronze group, athletes move into these groups. Athletes in the Silver 1 group focus mainly on learning four legal competitive strokes, having fun, and perfecting start and turn technique. They progress to Silver 2 where they begin to train with basic set intervals while continuing to focus mainly on technique.
Silver 1 Practice Group Requirements:
- Swimmers have advanced from the Bronze group.
- Swimmers are able to perform all 4 competitive swimming strokes legally with good form.
- Swimmers have demonstrated that they are able to follow instructions, and exhibit self control and good listening skills during practices.
- Swimmers can perform basic drills for 4 strokes with good form and show control of specific movements.
- Swimmers are able to swim 500 yards without stopping.
- Swimmers consistently perform racing starts (dives) from the starting blocks without hesitation
Silver 2 Practice Group Requirements:
- Swimmers have advanced from the Silver 1 group.
- Swimmers must have all four legal strokes as determined by the head coach.
- Swimmers must be able to maintain the set interval standards for the Silver 2 group.
- Swimmers must have competed in and legally finished a 50 or 100 of each stroke plus either a 100 or 200 IM.
Workout Days/Times: varies
Silver 3 Group
From the Silver 2 group, athletes move into this group. Athletes in this group are usually at least 10 years old and have progressed through the Silver 2 Group.
Silver 3 Practice Group Requirements:
- Swimmers have advanced from the Silver 2 group.
- Swimmers are proficient in all 4 competitive strokes.
- Swimmers are committed to the sport of swimming and are able to train 4-5 days per week.
- Swimmers are capable of distance training and can hold training intervals set by coaches.
- Swimmers are able to train at the intervals set by coaches for Silver 3 levels.
- Swimmers are able to swim 1650 yards without stopping with good form
Middle School Group
Minimum age for entry into this group is 12 years old. Athletes entering this group must display a desire to begin training on a more committed basis. Competition at swim meets is expected in this group. Training takes precedence over technique work for the first time in the athlete's development. Athletes in this group train for the 200 Individual Medley and 500 Freestyles. Please note that this group does not include all middle school aged swimmers. All swimmers are placed into their appropriate groups.
Winter Workout Days/Times: Tues. - Fri. 3:00 - 4:30
Minimum age for entry into this group is 12 (girls) or 13 (boys). Athletes entering the Senior group must display a strong desire to perform at the highest level they are capable of. Training is geared toward individual talents, although a strong aerobic endurance factor is present. Sample training sets include:
20x100 @ 1:15
Winter Workout Days/Times: Mon. - Fri. 3:00-4:30