Y Neptune 2020-21
Dual Meet Schedule
|November 7, 2020
|November 21, 2020
|December 5, 2020
|January 16, 2021
Other Important Swim Meet Dates:
Division II Meet: @ TBD, February 6 or 7, 2021
Presidential Invitational: @ Youngstown State University (Y.S.U.), TBD
League Championship Meet: @ Robert F Busbey Natatorium, March 5-6, 2021
Last Chance Meet: @ HOME, March 13, 2021
Zones: @ Bowling Green, OH, March 19-21, 2021
Banquet: @ TBA
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST WEAR A MASK AND MUST BRING A PLASTIC CONTAINER THAT THEY WILL PLACE THEIR MASK IN PRIOR TO SWIMMING THEIR RACES.
- The maximum number of people allowed in the deep pool area at any time is 45, which includes swimmers, coaches and Y staff and volunteers.
- Only swimmers, coaches, Y staff and parents who are volunteering are allowed in the pool area. Everyone in the pool area MUST wear a mask at all times.
- Swimmers should do the following when getting ready for a race:
- Remain behind the block until the 4 short whistles are blown.
- Approach the block
- Remove mask and put in plastic container with lid. All swimmers must bring a plastic container to house a their mask during the race.
- Step up on the blocks after long whistle
- Swim race
- Remain in the water after the race until the next heat starts (flyover starts) except backstroke
- After next race is in the water, climb out of the water and put mask on prior to leaving the block area
- Only 2 heats will be allowed behind the block at a time
- Swimmers should keep 6 ft apart from those not residing in the same household. Swimmers not adhering to safety protocols may be asked to leave the meet.
- Only swimmers from the current session are allowed in the pool area. All other swimmers must wait in the lobby until it is their time to enter the pool area.
- Swimmers may use locker rooms to change at the completion of the meet. The following locker room rules will apply:
- Boys and Girls locker rooms will be open for changing into dry clothes AFTER meet ONLY
- Swimmers must still come directly to the pool dressed to swim
- Swimmers must wear a mask at all times while going to, inside, and leaving the locker room
- Swimmers must maintain appropriate distance while in locker rooms
- Swimmers are only allowed in the locker room for 10 minutes. No exceptions. Parents can accompany their swimmer(s) if desired and if they are the same gender
- There will be no use of showers, toilets, OR lockers (entrance to showers/toilets will be blocked off)
- All swimmers will exit out of the front of the building. No one will be permitted to enter or exit from the deep pool doors to Commerce Street
- The font entrance is well-lit, parents can pull up to the front curb while their kids wait in the foyer OR on the front stoop, while still “in view” of Y staff
- Parents also now have the option to wait inside in the Lobby where the tables and chairs are, just as they could pre-COVID
- Locker room door handles and benches will be sanitized by a staff member in between meet sessions
- No yelling or congregating at the end of lanes
- No shaking hands at the end of races
- There will be 1 timer per lane wearing a mask, the timer will be on the right side of the lane
- The meet will be live streamed via Zoom. A link will be emailed to all families and posted on yneptune.com prior to the start of the meet