Y Neptune Swimmer Incentive Programs & Rewards
Every season swimmers can try to complete the Neptune Challenge in order to earn a “Neptune Challenge” pin for their swim bag. In order to earn said pin, a swimmer must swim every event available to them in their age group LEGALLY at a swim meet during our swim season. This can be at dual meets, invitationals and at Divisionals and Leagues.
- 8 & Under events are 25 yard freestyle, butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and a 50 yard freestyle
- 9 & 10 and 11 & 12 events are 50 yards of freestyle, butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, a 100 yard and 200 yard freestyle and the 100 yard individual medley also known as an IM.
- 13 & 14 and 15 & over swimmers must complete the 50 yard, 100 yard, 200 yard and 500 yard freestyle events, 100 yard backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly, and the 200 yard IM.
Let OUR Head Coach know if you would like at do the Neptune Challenge and she will do her best to give you the opportunity to swim the events needed, or you can always attend any YMCA invitational offered and swim the events you need to complete the Challenge!
IM Xtreme is a program that allows USA Swimming members to track their times (or coaches to track their team's times) against swimmers all across the nation! Just by swimming a specific program of events, you can see where you rank against your teammates, your region and yes, even across the USA!
- 9 & Under; 10-year olds: 200 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, 200 IM
- 11-year olds; 12-year olds: 400 Free (LC) or 500 Free (SC), 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, 200 IM
- 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, & 18-year olds: 400 Free (LC) or 500 Free (SC), 200 Back, 200 Breast, 200 Fly, 200 IM, 400 IM