To download this document for printing, please click HERE
At the Pool:
- ALL elementary swimmers MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian when arriving and leaving ALL training sessions.
- Things to bring to each practice:
- Proper swimwear, goggles, swim cap and a water bottle
- Platinum, Gold and Silver swimmers should purchase their own Zoomers, pullboy, handpaddles and mesh bags. These may be kept at the pool.
- Proper shoes, socks, t-shirt and shorts for dry land training.
- Swimmers are NOT allowed in the pool before a scheduled practice and must leave the pool immediately when dismissed by the coach.
- Swimmers should be on pool deck changed & ready to swim 5 minutes prior to the scheduled practice time.
- Swimmers will be supervised in the pool area 5 minutes prior to scheduled practice times until the practice has ended ONLY. The exception to this rule is between 14.00 and 14.10 for swimmers who come to the pool straight from the classroom. In this instance there will be a coach on pool deck.
- If your swimmer is going to be more than 10 minutes late or needs to leave early, prior arrangements with the coach or admin is required to participate. A parent or guardian MUST accompany all Elementary swimmers who leave the pool early.
- Jewelry should be removed prior to practice and placed along with other valuables in a safe place. Valuables, schoolbags and computers should NOT be left unattended in the change rooms.
- If thunder and lightning occur during practice, swimmers will IMMEDIATELY LEAVE the pool upon hearing 3 SHARP WHISTLE BLASTS. No one is allowed back into the water until the flashing lightning indicator turns off. Dryland training, swim videos or games in a sheltered area will be held until swimmers are allowed back into the water or the training session is finished. The practice schedule will stay the same, will be supervised by the coaches and will begin and end by the pool. Elementary swimmers are NOT allowed to leave the pool area without a parent or guardian present. THE COACH MUST BE INFORMED WHEN SWIMMERS LEAVE.
- We welcome parents to watch but ask that they stay seated in designated observation areas at the pool and away from direct eye contact with their swimmers. We would like swimmers to remain focused on swimming and on their coaches.
- Parents are also obligated to work at any swim meet that their child participates. We rely heavily on volunteers to help run our meets and cannot hold them without Parent Volunteer help.
Communicating With Us:
- If you need to speak to the coach, please wait until AFTER PRACTICE. We need their attention on the swimmers in the pool. However, please be aware that they may have another group immediately after following your swimmer’s practice who need their attention.
- We communicate best with our AquaDragons community through our website, www.jakartaaquadragons.com and by email. Please check the website regularly for news, newsletters, upcoming events and schedules.
- Ensure that you have updated your personal details and emergency contact information online. In the event of an emergency, these numbers will be used to contact you.
- If you cannot make your regular practice time, please inform Fanny or Yori so the coaches will know in advance. PLEASE NOTE that swapping classes with another group is NEVER allowed unless permission is given by Coaches Fran or Yori.
Looking forward to another fun Semester with the Jakarta AquaDragons!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Fran (firstname.lastname@example.org) with coaching, swim meet concerns
Yori (email@example.com) with administrative, swim meet concerns
Fanny (firstname.lastname@example.org) with JIS Academy, merchandise concerns